[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there any other philosophy books that contain exercises?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: prometheus.jpg (104KB, 354x550px) Image search: [Google]
prometheus.jpg
104KB, 354x550px
Are there any other philosophy books that contain exercises?

Some way to practice/explore the philosophy I mean
>>
>>9931178
Other than logic, the only exercises would be actually understanding the concepts offered. Try to think of objections to them, and how theyy woyld be recieved by the author. Try to think of examples in life, reword the concepts yourself.
>>
>>9931178

Flip through some tai chi or qi gong books, seriously
>>
>>9931178
Ouspensky's The Fourth Way, and his In Search of the Miraculous (Ouspensky pretty obviously and significantly influenced RAW btw) contain general and important exercises in the Gurdjieff system RAW mentions (in terms of self-remembering, self-observation, and abstaining from expressing negative emotions). Idries Shah in a sense also has philosophy books containing exercises, because he says that reading the Sufi teaching-stories he gives and pondering them from all given angles, focusing on the ones the interest you less purposely and seeing why they don't interest you as much, trying to unravel the more opaque ones, etc., etc., is itself a Sufi exercise.
>>
>>9931679
Any suggestions?
>>
Bhagavad Gita, obviously.
>>
>>9932332
>>9931679
These are internal arts. You're going to want to take classes.
>>
>>9932332
anything by Lam Kam Chuen, specifically Way of Power and Way of Energy.
>>
>>9931178
In the same vein as PR, try Undoing Yourself with Energised Meditation and Other Devices. It's on another level entirely. If you like Wilson, Hyatt is fucking awesome.

You could also try The Eight-Circuit Brain, which is also very good but a lot more dry.
>>
>>9932566
I'm not quite in a position to do this. I don't mind feeling out the intuition and seeing what happens with some studying until this changes.

>>9932780
Thank you both
>>
>>9931178
>all those exercises to subscribe to contrary ideologies to make you realize reality-tunnels and you already managed to jump between radical leftism, nihilism, nationalism, libertarianism, atheism theism, gnosticism and being a hippie just in the last year

I think I got that
>>
>>9931178
A Guide to Mental Mastery - Mouni Sadhu
>>
File: Ruda-Slogans-AbolishingFreedom.png (285KB, 762x709px) Image search: [Google]
Ruda-Slogans-AbolishingFreedom.png
285KB, 762x709px
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.