[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I didn't get it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: VHCtmp632767158568353792.jpg (47KB, 472x333px) Image search: [Google]
VHCtmp632767158568353792.jpg
47KB, 472x333px
I didn't get it.
>>
It is rather crudely hidden misanthropy; basically the caterpillar stands for mankind's relentless greed and extreme consumption of natural resources. It is not for the faint hearted.
>>
The whole book was a brilliant satire of cyrenaic hedonism.
>>
>>9930233
>satire
b-but the vhc becomes a b, g.
>>
>>9930250
>indulge in worldly pleasures
>become ultimate symbol of vanity

Literally the swansong of the modern era
>>
>>9930164
Its a metaphor for Christ, struggle to find fulfillment, death, rebirth
>>
>>9930301
Blasphememe :D
>>
>>9930288
B-but isn't that Hera's bird, the peacock? Butterflies are far too common to stand as a figure for Vanity, anon. Especially this time of year! Plus, I like them, and won't stand for it!
>i once saw a tiger swallowtail on a catalpa tree life with alar projections larger than my index fingers and wings the size of small frisbees.
>>
>>9930431
*catalpa tree leaf, rather
>>
>>9930431
you're overthinking it. How is a caterpillar going to metamorphose into a peacock, Turkey?
>>
File: carle.jpg (541KB, 2203x1814px) Image search: [Google]
carle.jpg
541KB, 2203x1814px
That's because you fucking started with it you numbnut.
>>
>>9930164
>he didn't start with Goodnight Moon
>>
>>9931429
this is hilarious, anon.
>>
I thought the novel was an obvious critique of the vain desire to become more beautiful, which often leads to the same mindless consumption that the caterpillar exhibits.
>>
>>9931429
God damnit you got me guy
>>
>>9931408
The peacock was not introduced as a candidate for lepidopteran metamorphosis, but as an instance of a classical symbol for vanity.
Nowhere in [our] literature does the butterfly or any insect appear as being vain except of course the grasshopper.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.