[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MS Word will frequently suggest that I change things such as

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

MS Word will frequently suggest that I change things such as "as long as" to "if" or "the majority of" to "most of"
Is this just me getting free English lessons or Microsoft imposing their syntactical opinions on me?
Should I not use word?
>>
That sounds annoying. Turn it off.
>>
>>9930123
Lowering wordiness often clarifies writing so it's more stylistic than anything else. I've known professors who would deduct points for filler phrases while others recognize it as a part of a persons style. Just don't abuse those phrases and you're fine.
>>
Dude, fucking Clippy is a better writer than you are. He's actually annoyed with your ineptitude yet he still tried to help you. Better writer and a better paper clip than you are. Ouch.
>>
>>9930135
its the same as the red spelling error dotted underline, its not like an auto correct or anything.
>>9930145
yea that's kind of what I was thinking. So maybe I'll leave it on for now and just consider what the software suggests.
>>
>>9930160
>its the same as the red spelling error dotted underline
you can turn that off too.
>>
Read Strunk nigger. Word is being based here.
>>
>>9930145
> Writing professors who don't understand writing
>>
>>9930123
>Word
Why aren't you using LaTeX?
>>
Mine is pissed off with my title page.

I wrote my name, jump over to other end of the page and I put my word count.

My name ends with an s, so it says I'm using the possessive form of my name. I guess it thinks I'm trying to say my name owns...2000 words. I dunno....

I've told it to ignore this about a thousand times, and it will not fucking drop it.

I hate word in general, way too complex and too stupid at the same time. It always seems to think I'm trying to do the dumbest, most complex thing possible at any time, rather than the simple obvious thing.
>>
>>9930123
It's the newspeak translation applied in real time.
>>
>>9930875
>professors actually giving a shit besides their own research and tenure acquisition
>>
>>9930123

learn LaTeX, you'll be thanking me
>>
>>9930911
you know you can just right click then add your second name to the dictionary, right? It won't mark it as an error once you've done that.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.