[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>"If America is the culmination of Western white civilization,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 6

File: sontag.jpg (167KB, 1480x832px) Image search: [Google]
sontag.jpg
167KB, 1480x832px
>"If America is the culmination of Western white civilization, as everyone from the Left to the Right declares, then there must be something terribly wrong with Western white civilization. This is a painful truth; few of us want to go that far. … The truth is that Mozart, Pascal, Boolean algebra, Shakespeare, parliamentary government, baroque churches, Newton, the emancipation of women, Kant, Marx, Balanchine ballets, et al., don't redeem what this particular civilization has wrought upon the world. The white race is the cancer of human history; it is the white race and it alone—its ideologies and inventions—which eradicates autonomous civilizations wherever it spreads, which has upset the ecological balance of the planet, which now threatens the very existence of life itself."

Holy...I want more.

What books by Susan Sontag should I read for more epic quotes like that?
>>
>>9928975
how the hell do you reconcile that worldview with being a mdoern day liberal
white civilization has created the lifestyle you cherish so much and is necessary to maintain it

without white civilization ultrareactionary patriarchal people like myself or muslims will take over and get you back to the home where you belong
>>
File: image_4.jpg (92KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image_4.jpg
92KB, 640x640px
>Sontag was born Susan Rosenblatt in New York City, the daughter of Mildred (née Jacobson) and Jack Rosenblatt, both Jews of Lithuanian[5] and Polish descent.
>>
File: sontag2.jpg (47KB, 824x389px) Image search: [Google]
sontag2.jpg
47KB, 824x389px
Wow, Susan Sontag must have been a great person. Why can't more people be as humanitarian as her? *sigh*

Pic related.
>>
File: shut-it-down-jew.jpg (617KB, 2040x3160px) Image search: [Google]
shut-it-down-jew.jpg
617KB, 2040x3160px
>>9928975
> oy vey, the goyim know
>>
>>9928983
>ultrareactionary patriarchal people like myself

nigga stop please you're going to cringe me to death
>>
>>9928975
>If America is the culmination of Western white civilization, as everyone from the Left to the Right declares
Nice try, American pig.
>>
>>9928975
>"If America is the culmination of Western white civilization, as everyone from the Left to the Right declares"

This is what Americans actually believe lmao
>>
>>9928975
> If America is the culmination of Western white civilization, as everyone from the Left to the Right declares
Who declares that besides retarded, brainwashed/deluded Americans? Western civilization isn't culminated in one instance or particular expression of it, nor is America its 'peak', if it could even be said to have one, which I don't see how it can.
>>
File: americans.jpg (215KB, 674x506px) Image search: [Google]
americans.jpg
215KB, 674x506px
>>9928975
>If America is the culmination of Western white civilization, as everyone from the Left to the Right declares
>>
>>9928975
Isn't America culturally Jewish?
>>
File: EASY.jpg (159KB, 1173x1317px) Image search: [Google]
EASY.jpg
159KB, 1173x1317px
>>9928975
>>
>>9928975
>America
>white
>Western
>civilization

>levoltaireface.jpg
>>
>>9928983
If you're a beta-virgin in a liberal world, what's to stop you from becoming a eunuch in a patriarchal world?
>>
Her art stuff is good, I haven't read the rest of her works but indeed, IF America is the culmination of Western Society (and don't you dolts pretend this wasn't a fairly common affirmation to be made by an american 50 years ago - even today they'd still spill that shit) then indeed the West is absolute shit, because obviously, nothing that culminates in the US of A can not be shit.
>>
The culmination of Western white civilization is Liechtenstein
>>
>>9929239
lay carrote
>>
>>9928975
>Americans are trash
You saying she's wrong or something?
>>
>>9928991
wow_no_way
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.