[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This was pretty good. What does /lit/ think of Dracula?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Dracula1st.jpg (78KB, 306x450px) Image search: [Google]
Dracula1st.jpg
78KB, 306x450px
This was pretty good. What does /lit/ think of Dracula?
>>
got bored after lucy died. dropped.
>>
>>9926381
It gets good again once they start looking for Dracula
>>
>>9926370
In all honesty, if you want good 19th century horror-fiction you're better off with Shelley´s Frankenstein. It explores so many themes like revenge, man vs. the nature of man, man playing god, nature vs. nurture etc. But most of all and what's growing increasingly more relevent is that it is, to my knowledge, the first instance of the the exploration of the dangers of artificial intelligence. Sorry, I always have to shill Frankenstein.
>>
Dracula is anti-Christian propaganda
>>
File: lmao.jpg (91KB, 911x347px) Image search: [Google]
lmao.jpg
91KB, 911x347px
>>
I'm reading it right now. Jonathan's Journal was good and then it plummeted afterwards.
>Muh Lucy is sick wahhh
Goes on for way too long. It's getting better now that they're hunting Dracula.
>>
It became boring as fuck after the castle section. Jesus Christ Victorian novelists barely fave a fuck.

And I think literary theory is bullshit but the actions of Dracula only make sense if the book is written as an allegory of immigrants fucking our women and buying our property.

>>9926782

It never recovers
>>
>>9926791
I hope you are wrong, but you're probably right.
>>
File: 7896978.png (6KB, 415x416px) Image search: [Google]
7896978.png
6KB, 415x416px
it's bretty gud
>>
>>9926370
Pretty good indeed

>>9926722
First it's plain wrong
Second, even if it's the case, does it make it bad ?
>>
>>9926791
>it became boring as fuck after the castle section
Absolutely correct. There's hardly anything to keep the reader's attention plot, prose, or characterization wise for the majority of the book. It's all filler between the end of the castle section to the last few pages.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.