[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Writing light novel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

Is it possible to enter the LN market?

I mean, the prose and plot is subpar, if I find someone to make cute covers for each capter what is stopping me from milking weebs? and why haven't you done the same yet?

>inb4 muh standards
>>
>>9925480
>>>/a/
>>
>>9925480

Are you Japanese?
>Yes
Just do it.
>No
You're fucked, weebs are only mad jelly at you while normies couldn't care less, meaning no one will buy your shit and you've ruined your reputation for noting.

Can you write in Japanese?
>Yes
Just do it. There are LN contests all the time for aspiring writers in Japan. You don't have to be Japanese to join.
>No
You're fucked. The Japanese can't read English and no one in the west will publish you.

Do you know someone who knows Japanese?
>Yes
Then have them translate your shit and try your luck by the aforementioned method.
>No
You're fucked.
>>
>>9925480
I want to try writing one since it looks so easy to produce action/adventures in them, but I'm afraid to detetoriate my skills doing so...
>>
weeb here, I really enjoy LN plots and romance stories. Is there a western equivalent?
Like slice of life romance shit?
>>
>>9926514
Western version would be young adult novels
>>
I used to read To Aru but haven't done in quite a few years. Is New Testament getting any better?
>>
>>9925480
Yes, just use a Japanese pen name. You'll have to self-publish as well but it shouldn't be much of a problem.
>>
>>9926946
NT9 was excellent, after that we had some slower-paced arcs, but NT18 (the latest) was also a high point for the series. NT19 comes out pretty soon, and the current arc seems like the wrap-up arc for New Testament and so far has every indication of being as good as the WWIII arc.
>>
>>9925480

I don't think many western publishers would see the money in it. However, if you're able to write a really good chapter one, start a kickstarter campaign and watch the weebs flock to you.
>>
I'd never recommend getting into the LN market. You're effectively writing non-stop for weeks to churn out work that only a few people will actually pay for. It's frankly worse than minimum wage fast food gigs unless you're in the top 1% (and even then it's not even the median wage).
>>
>>9927812
>Implying LN takes any talent or skill to make
If some random shits out like 20LN and just one of those hit some success he can properly set himself up with the money to write actual good stuff

And the release for LN isn't like 2-4months between chapters that are like 4chin-fanfic tier? If I can't get a job in this semester I'll probably try my luck with this shit
>>
>write LN
>write a really good story
>full of grey morality, characters that evolve, actual themes, etc.
>weeaboos and otakus hate it because it's not a black and white wish fulfilment escapist fantasy with waifus in a highschool setting
>it flops
>have to pander to weebs and otakus if I want to eat
>end up being forced to make just another generic otaku-pandering waifu garbage LN

Can't imagine writing LNs being anything but soul-crushingly nasty experience considering your target audience.
>>
>>9929135
>Implying the big LNs are like this
The best selling LNs are actually less black or white than some books /lit/ likes to put on pedestals.
>>
>>9929142
>Go to see the best ranked LN of month
>Flaming garbage like SAO and autistic shit who simply never ends on top (monogatari for example)

Anime has some cool aesthetics, but the weeb fanbase is cancer even the most difficult LN are considered subpar if we compare them to regular western work, their prose is non-existent
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.