[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Books about/on/related to suicide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: suicide.jpg (14KB, 704x396px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.jpg
14KB, 704x396px
I'm looking for great literature about suicide or thematically related to that subject.

Plus points for something which will truly fuck me up.
>>
Bumpo
>>
>>9925207
my diary, desu
>>
the bible
>>
>>9925207
Crime and Punishment.
>>
>>9925603
Gimme

>>9925621
Currently on my "to-read" list, going through Dostoevsky quite slowly but steadily. But I need something darker, something more gut-punching
>>
>>9925702
Better Never to Have Been is semi-related touches on the subject of suicide. Probably the darkest I've read.
>>
>>9925734
>Better Never to Have Been argues for a number of related, highly provocative, views: (1) Coming into existence is always a serious harm. (2) It is always wrong to have children. (3) It is wrong not to abort fetuses at the earlier stages of gestation. (4) It would be better if, as a result of there being no new people, humanity became extinct.

All of my "yes". Thanks for the recommendation!
>>
Mishima fetishiezed suicide.
>>
>>9925762
You mean "Confessions of a Mask" or that tetralogy of his?
>>
File: 71m77hWc2EL.jpg (138KB, 996x1400px) Image search: [Google]
71m77hWc2EL.jpg
138KB, 996x1400px
You can't do a book called Suicide then not do it afterwards
>>
infinite jest
>>
any of the post-war japanese authors desu. their entire country committed sudoku and their god-emperor abdicated the throne. the darkest one i've read was osamu dazai's "no longer human," but that may be because i'm in a similar situation.
>>
>>9925815
Oh, nice suggestion, thank you very much! Shame I can't get it any time soon

>>9925841
Good call. I actually haven't considered that

>>9925905
If by experimental novel you mean something in the realm of the absurd then perhaps something by Kōbō Abe or Kafka? "The Woman in the Dunes" was pretty interesting to me personally. South-Americans have a lot of weird surreal stuff as well.
>>
>>9925932
You know what I might just get that Suicide Leve book
>>
>>9925947
Good call. As far as I can see it's a "my" kind of book
>>
Last bump
>>
The Sorrows of Young Werther.

Supposedly it got Goethe into legal/censorship trouble because it seemed to idealize suicide. Also it's about unrequited love and sad-boy incel stuff so 4chan loves it
>>
https://ethicsofsuicide.lib.utah.edu/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.