[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Thoughts on Knut Hamsun?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: Knut Hamsun.jpg (221KB, 718x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Knut Hamsun.jpg
221KB, 718x1000px
Thoughts on Knut Hamsun?
>>
I like mysteries. I didn't like growth of the soil. 50/50 on him.
>>
Dynamic writer. Hunger is so different from Growth of the Soil.
>>
Big brain nigga
>>
I like him a lot. One of my favorite authors. Going to be reading Mysteries soon. I'm slowly working my way through his material.
>>
File: 1487134407455.jpg (25KB, 335x268px) Image search: [Google]
1487134407455.jpg
25KB, 335x268px
Hunger was so dull and self-absorbed

GET A REAL JOB

>but I'm a writer

Fuck you
>>
>>9925022
50/50 is still 10/10.
>>
must be based cause his name is N U T
>>
>>9925012
he was Hansum
>>
One of my favourite writers, if not my one favourite. I am norwegian though, and to read him in norwegian and experience how his writing just simply exceed all the other norwegians I have read, is one of the factors why I love him
>>
>>9926256
when you Knut but she keep sucking >>9925012
>>
>>9925012
I enjoyed Hunger; Pan; Mysteries and Growth of the Soil. I thought Victoria was Hamsun lite.
>>
he ruined a lot of fiction for me, because i feel like there are many classic books that are just hunger warmed over.
>>
Growth of the Soil is the comfiest thing I've ever read. 10/10 would read more Hamsun.
>>
>>9926256
You pronounce the K
>>
>>9926360
He doesn't exceed Ibsen at his best (Keiser & Galilæer)
>>
>>9928465
And I wouldnt argue that, having not read much Ibsen, nor do I consider myself to have a great literary understanding, especially in norwegian lit. I guess I just personally love his writing more, and somewhat prefer the novel versus plays, hamsun is just so darn comfy to read.

On a side note, I love his short stories aswell.
>>
i started reading hunger on monday night. i'm enjoying it so far, particularly all the odd details that better help me visualize europe in 1848. the neurotic nature of the narrator might get tiresome, though.
>>
>>9926360
What do you think of Kjell Askildsen? Some time ago i found a collection of his short stories in spanish and i thought they were pretty good. I pathink he does well wiith his minimalistic style
>>9929303
Didn't Ibsen wrote in danish? Can he still be considered a norweigian writer?
>>
>>9929316
It will. I dropped the book halfway through because of it
>>
>>9929316
>>9929340
that is sort of the point though
>>
>>9929319
so did Hamsun, norway didnt really have an official written language after we broke with the danish, so a lot of writers kept writing in danish. Written danish is also extremely similar to todays written norwegian, so I guess we never would consider them danish writers, they were norwegians who wrote how all norwegians wrote at that time
>>
>>9929380
isn't that bokmal?
>>
>>9929387
yeah
>>
>>9929438
so bokmal isn't Norwegian? I thought it was just like shakespeare rather than another language altogether.
>>
>>9929476
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riksm%C3%A5l
explains it better than me
>>
>>9925012
Overrated based on people including his works on lists of the top 50-100 books.
>>
>>9926256
>>9928464
>When burgers pronounce it as CANOOT or NEWT
>>
>>9925012
One of my favourites. Most people on /lit/ nut over Hunger but I prefer his more lyrical works (Pan, Victoria, Growth of the Soil). His descriptions of nature are honestly some of the best prose I've ever read.

If anyone is reading him in Spanish, Baggethun's translations are the way to go.

>>9929303
Recs for his short fiction? What are your favourites?
>>
File: KnutHamsun.jpg (42KB, 229x310px) Image search: [Google]
KnutHamsun.jpg
42KB, 229x310px
>>9925012
He looks quite majestic
>>
I lost my shit in public while reading that segment in Hunger were the guy invents a new word.
I don't know if it is supposed to be this funny, but the wording in the translation I have is really amusing.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.