[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ripped my fucking heart out. go anon find love before its too

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: Never_Let_Me_Go.jpg (25KB, 310x500px) Image search: [Google]
Never_Let_Me_Go.jpg
25KB, 310x500px
ripped my fucking heart out. go anon find love before its too late. Kazuo has fascinating and quite painful things to say about the nature of love and how love has a proper time, a time that may be lost or missed. As someone who has loved, lost and missed I found this particularly challenging. The relationship between sex and love and illness is perhaps something people may find simply too much - not because this is handled in any way that is too explicit, but because I do believe we like to think that sex, as a manifestation of love, has curative and redemptive powers. A book that questions this, questions something we hold very dear and some readers may find this too much to ask.

This is also a book about betrayal. The betrayals we commit against those we love the most and yet that we barely can understand or explain after we have committed them - these are constant throughout the book. He is a writer all too aware of the human condition. The scene which gives the book its title is a wonderful example of the near impossibility of our being understood by others and yet our endless desire for just such an understanding.
>>
File: 1503346183572.jpg (44KB, 607x608px) Image search: [Google]
1503346183572.jpg
44KB, 607x608px
>>9923891
Looks interesting. I am at a point of my life I am just wating to read something that will make me more aware of why my life is so shit.
I will check it out, thanks for the suggestion, op.
>>
we dont discuss books here in /lit/. take that to reddit
>>
>>9923898
oh fuck this book will make you want to live if anything. made me want to live and made me realize how precious our time on earth really is and how easily it can be wiped away. if you were to die next year. before dying take a look at your life. was it good?
>>
>>9923891

I found this way worse than Remains of the Day, honestly. (But Remains is fantastic)
>>
>>9923891
Sounds interesting.
>Challenging
Would it be safe to read this if I recently ended a long-term relationship with an emotional abuser? I'm finally beginning to recover more fully from the experience, but I'm wary of reading anything that might agitate the addiction-like aspects of it.
>>
>>9924150

Let me just say this: it's a worthwhile read, avoid finding out any of the plot details ahead of time and realize Ishiguro is a better thinker than Murakami (who is literal pile of shit and a vile human)
>>
>>9923891
>He is a writer all too aware of the human condition.
this is what hedonists believe
>>
> be me, aspiring writer in shithole country
> basically a dictatorship, don't even have TV or anything growing up
> have kids as a teenager, never get to go to university
> get in some trouble with the law
> Still try to live the literary lifestyle, devote myself to writing
> Mostly just write for dumbass locals who can barely read
> Throw in a bunch of references to meme novels like Infinite Jest and Pale Fire
> Rework some Greek classics for modern plebs who don't know any better
> Even rip off a plot from a Disney movie
> Still getting published
> Become greatest writer in the English language
> Die of fever in 1616
> mfw
>>
File: 1500975991164.jpg (44KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1500975991164.jpg
44KB, 500x375px
>>9923915
I dont wanna feel, anon, but I will feel, because I wanna feel in reality.
>>
>>9924162
Oh yeah, also, why do people talk so bad at Murakami from time to time? I read one of his books and quite enjoyed.
>>
>>9923891
Had the same reaction after finishing it, then read about the stupid fucking critics arguing about what genre it is. "Is it sci-fi" Is it horror? Is it a teen book?" Like how did people whose lives are about interest in literature come up with the most boring questions about such an amazing book.
>>
>>9924391

I won't divulge information regarding him as a person because that will come out in time (people in the lit world will know what I'm talking about), but his books are mediocre to average at best, rehashing the same "themes" and never really taking them further. He's a pretty basic writer (DUDE CATS AND GIRLS LMAO) and he's hardly a 'deep thinker'. His over-inflated status is kind of bewildering.

I'd argue Ryu Murakami is considerably more genuine with his passions and interests
>>
>>9924469
Etagazzig tier slander or Tao Lin tier slander?
>>
>>9924469
Why is Murakami a shit person? I enjoy his stuff so it's sad to read that.
You don't have to be explicit, an example or two of how he is should be enough.
>>
No. Fuck you. Ishiguro is a pop-lit hack and Never Let Me Go is 90% dumb teenage drama 10% misguided science fiction.
>>
>>9924162
>Ishiguro is a better thinker than Murakami

Why compare them at all?
>>
>>9924391
Ignore the anon pretending that you should judge a book by the author's attiude. The main problem with Murakami is that he doesn't bring nothing innovative after the 2000s. At that point his writing are tropos and you either fall for the same formula (as many enjoy stories that tell the same shit over and over again) or you just get bored because you realise he relies too much in shocking characters and scenes that lack any meaning.
>>
>>9923891
You should watch Poetry from Lee Chang-Dong.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.