[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, you memed me into reading this, now can you please explain

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1415214138914.jpg (855KB, 1023x1602px) Image search: [Google]
1415214138914.jpg
855KB, 1023x1602px
Ok, you memed me into reading this, now can you please explain what the fuck happened?

> What happened to Slothrop? Was he just an idea or something?
>Who were the factions controlling him?
> What was the point of the Schwarzgerat?
> Why were the Schwarzkommando building a new rocket?
>>
File: 1500920211778.png (18KB, 153x140px) Image search: [Google]
1500920211778.png
18KB, 153x140px
>he fell for the pynchon/dfw/joyce meme
everyone knows they're all psuedointellectual writers who try too hard to be deep
>>
>>9923861
and have u read them?
>>
>>9923853
dude who gives a shit that's not the important part of the book. call them macguffins or something.
>>
just finished it last week

from what i got from it, Slothrop pretty much lost his identity (mind?) from changing characters (war correspondent, rocketman, pigman) and from the constant paranoia. he became part of a band i think it said
the factions controlling him were IG Farben and their partners, along with pointsman who had his own agenda
the Schwarzgerat was captain bliceros sex slave Gottfried, who was sacrificed in the 00000 (surrounded by the imipolex g)
the schwarzkommando were building a second rocket in order to "stick it to the man" (IG farben, Siemans etc.)
>>
>>9923933
forgot to mention, the point of the Schwarzgerat was some kind of sexual fetish for Blicero
>>
Intentionally convoluted juvenile garbage. Wasted hours and hours of my life reading this just for the privilege to honestly insult it.
>>
slothrop fades away (not before having some fun but becoming more and more pointless in the grand scheme of things), no longer relevant (because the meta-narrative he belonged to and was defined by was no longer relevant)

the 00000, a product of the two great human passions for intimacy and progress, is so powerful on a metaphysical level that it destroys the meta-narrative itself, ending the spectacle
>>
>>9924274
if you finished GR and don't have any good thing to say then you're a bad reader
>>
>>9923919
/thread
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.