[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Speed Reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Untitled.png (13KB, 800x117px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
13KB, 800x117px
How does one stop sub-vocalization, and how do you go beyond 900 wpm, let alone get to 4000?
>>
To do away with subvocalization is silly. Words have a music to them and a good writer takes advantage. You can't speed read Shakespeare. And why would you want to? If you're reading something at 5000wpm it's probably not worth reading at all
>>
>>9923223
Speed reading is only good if you're reading newspapers. If a book is worth reading in the first place you're not going to enjoy it by speed reading
>>
How the hell do people even retain ideas in the book through speed reading? I tried that shit and it all seemed like just word recognition.
>>
>>9923223
I speed read the first 4 Harry Potter books as a kid and at the end I swear I had no idea what the shit was even about
>>
Just look at a picture every 15 seconds.
>>
http://journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/1529100615623267

this should always be posted in speedreading threads, tbqh
>>
>>9923223
You don't

>>9924005
They don't

The people shilling speed reading are either self-help hucksters or gullible min/max Americans. Incidentally, you can actually speed read self-help books and American academia because both are trash with minimal informational content, and nobody cares if you retain any of it as long as you got that bullet point list you cropped from Wikipedia.
>>
>>9923223
Ignore margins. Draw two lines, in middle of first and last word in the line, and just "scan" this area. You should be able to read 50% faster by this method alone
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.