[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to read slower and also improve reading comprehension

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1502575642578.jpg (362KB, 716x993px) Image search: [Google]
1502575642578.jpg
362KB, 716x993px
How does one learns to read slower instead of just racing through the words and actually understand and remember what he just read. For example I'm reading an intro to metaphysics and this sentence doesn't make sense to me at all when the philosophers mentioned have the opposite stance of the one claimed here:
>and others still (Parmenides and Zeno) who deny that there is a special class of objects that do not change.
>>
>>9922003
Take notes. I read through first time quickly and get the general ideas then read it a second time, taking notes in each chapter and to finish I write a one page summary.
>>
>>9922003
If your having a hard time reading it's cuz of a loss of passion.
have you ever noticed when reading something that really excites you it's like you're not even reading you don't even notice the Pages going by it's just one big flow, a symphony of interest and you're taking it all in and years later the not only do you remember what you had read but you remember where it was on the page when you had read it ?

It's like working out. You gotta psych yourself out. Get pumped up
>>
>>9922068
>have you ever noticed when reading something that really excites you it's like you're not even reading you don't even notice the Pages going by it's just one big flow, a symphony of interest and you're taking it all in and years later the not only do you remember what you had read but you remember where it was on the page when you had read it ?
I like to read it but when I get stuck on some sentence that makes absolutely no sense and there is no source on google about it I get really discouraged since I might miss something else later.
>>
Plato- there are objects that change and a special class of objects which do not.
Parmenides- there is no special class of objects that do not change. Rather, there are no classes of objects AT ALL.
>>
>>9922077
I'm aware of that but the way it is worded it seems like they are still in favor of everything changing. How does removing special classes implies that there are no classes at all as nothing ever is mentioned of the philosophers before that and unless you research them yourself you will never get it. I just want to understand the thought process of it so I don't fuck it up again especially on something so simple.
>>
>>9922076
Whenever I got to that sentence in the past I used to feel like that slowed down but I changed my perspective. I mean now days I see it as the reason to read, to get to that sentence those words that prose and unpack it, cuz it's not really the text but your own unknowing that's confronting you.
>>
>>9922220
I too love to take it as a challenge and tackle it but it feels really frustrating when you're not sure if what you're doing is right and the answer can be really easy and under your nose but you just can't see it.
>>
>>9925248
>>
>>9922057
There should be a bot that posts this every time this question is asked.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.