[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samuel Beckett Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 5

What's your favourite Beckett work and why.

>Relatable
When Beckett told a friend he wished to see everything dead, they replied: "But then who would read your work?"
To this, Beckett grew silent and it struck a chord in him.
>>
There's something fundamentally horrifying about Act Without Words I. Probably my favorite Beckett piece.
>>
>>9921641
Krap's last tapeworm.

Or this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ok7Vc3jczNg

I don't like books.
>>
File: shot0012.png (646KB, 624x352px)
shot0012.png
646KB, 624x352px
>>9921663
how so?
Expound, please.
>>
>>9921641

I don't think the FBI does their fucking jobs anymore
>>
>>9921641
Molloy is my personal favorite. For me it strikes the right balance between avant-garde and readable. It is also extremely funny. Honestly though I love everything I've read from Beckett and I've read a solid chunk of his output.

>>9921833
Krapp's Last Tape is great.

>Perhaps my best years are gone. When there was a chance of happiness. But I wouldn't want them back. Not with the fire in me now. No, I wouldn't want them back.
>>
>>9922929
>I don't think the FBI does their fucking jobs anymore

Like they ever did? And now they're underfunded

Anyway, Beckett remains god-tier, I still love Mercier and Camier, which always struck a chord with me because no matter how far you try to run away, home is home
>>
File: 1491872267300.jpg (57KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1491872267300.jpg
57KB, 500x375px
>>9921641
There is something visually striking about his face. What are some more /fa/ writers like Beckett?
>>
>>9922893

I dunno, the image of the man lying on the ground staring at his hands and shivering is one that has haunted me ever since I first read it. Him coming to terms with the futility of his own agency in the face of the unseen puppeteer that keeps pulling away the water he's so desperate to grasp.

It stuck with me in a way that Endgame never has. But I understand that Endgame tends to become more affecting as you age, so I'll revisit it in a couple years.
>>
>>9921833
Found this: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6KciQaoCeKPQU9CDMU-IFQElkfqqyRt_
It's definitely easier than trying to read those damn things
>>
I love Company. It is overlooked as fuck.
>>
I absolutely love Beckett. I have only read his dramatic works, but I really want to start with his prose writings. It's a shame that "Proust" is impossible to find online, or even on Amazon.

Anyone happens to have a PDF of it?
>>
File: Beckett.jpg (74KB, 700x446px) Image search: [Google]
Beckett.jpg
74KB, 700x446px
>>9921641
>>
>>9924062
Its in the Grove Selected Works of Samuel Beckett, which has almost everything by him, except Dream of Fair to Middling Women
>>
>>9924062

did you hit your head hard today
>>
>>9924070
The fourth volume is also hard to find tho

>>9924072
Not particularly.
>>
>>9924085

Its an essay, why would they turn it into a book

If the answer seems obvious you don tneed to answer
>>
>>9924129
It's a book-length essay, dumbass. Have you even read it?
>>
>>9924163

No lol, damn feelin like I got that verbal backhand
>>
>>9924085
https://www.bookdepository.com/Selected-Works-Samuel-Beckett-Samuel-Beckett/9780802145147
found all four volumes here
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.