[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet.What do you think about these works?.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: william shakespeare.jpg (404KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
william shakespeare.jpg
404KB, 1200x1200px
Hamlet and Romeo and Juliet.What do you think about these works?.
>>
Hamlet is really good, even to this day. The Kenneth Branagh movie is one of my favorite movies in general
Romeo and Juliet is pretty good too, but it's become kinda cliche. Every romance is a take on Romeo and Juliet
>>
>>9918724
romeo and juliet is probably the most beautiful thing i've ever read but i'd never say this in public because it's such a generic choice people would think it's the only shakespeare i've read and that i read it in high school.
>>
>>9918738
>>9918765

this
>>
It's a tremendous bore
>>
>>9918724
R&J reached a saturation point of cliche, and has now circled back to being underrated.
>>
>>9918765
if we could see R&J with fresh eyes, for example if it was a lost work that was recovered, I think it would be considered perhaps the most beautifully written story in the English language.

Because it's so well known, it is not fully appreciated these days.
>>
>>9918975
This, plus it's lampooned a lot on the internet by people who never experienced adolescent love so they can't pick up on the fact that it is satirical but with an air of nostalgic longing for a time when we were able to feel such emotion with that passion we cannot rouse anymore, no matter how silly it really was.
>>
>>9918765
Agreed.
I prefer RJ even though I know Hamlet is a literary achievement.
Tempest will always be my favorite tho
>>
>>9918724
Macbeth is superior to both of them
>>
>>9919888
>macbeth
>saying are superior than Hamlet
i maybe agree with Romeo and Juliet
but Hamlet no.
>>
>>9919888
You mean As You Like It?
>>
Dude the Tempest lol
>>
File: 1307662625325.jpg (259KB, 599x637px) Image search: [Google]
1307662625325.jpg
259KB, 599x637px
>with an air of nostalgic longing for a time when we were able to feel such emotion with that passion we cannot rouse anymore, no matter how silly it really was.

Is this what Holden was trying to stop?
>>
>>9919167
Speak for yourself, passionlet.
>>
>>9918724
Hamlet is legitimately brilliant, a solid 10/10. Genuinely worth reading, even if you know the basic outline. Some of the put-downs are stellar. Wish I could see it performed in theatre, yet to see the Branagh film.

Romeo & Juliet is good, but probably only a 8/10. If it was only recently written/performed, I would give it a 10/10: it's tragic, humorous, charming, etc. Romeo & Juliet are stupid kids but they should've learned that as they grew up rather than feeling the need to end it all like they did. However, as this guy said: >>9918738 Romeo & Juliet's influence is everywhere. Plus, you most likely covered it somewhat in school. Everyone knows the story and although that's very impressive and probably makes it the most important romantic story of all time, it also feels a bit too familiar when everyone else has been imitating it for centuries after. Still good though.
>>
>>9919175
Caliban getting drunk with the lads is one of my favourite shakespeare moments
>>
>>9921104
/thread
>>
>>9921104
The Branagh film is better than any performance you'll see today.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.