[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have never read books in my life, and in school I despised

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1.jpg (71KB, 400x337px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
71KB, 400x337px
I have never read books in my life, and in school I despised the mere thought of reading them. But as I've grown older, I've grown more bored but at the same time less sporadic. I still dislike literature, but I wouldn't mind reading something that would give me a sense of self improvement upon reading it. Something philosophical or psychological, or overall life improving.
>>
>>9918502
>never read books
>but I still know I don't like them
lol retard
>>
>>9918532
I have never seriously read books in my life, since I was being forced to at an early stage of my life when I didn't have the attention span to support it. I've read what I've been forced to read in school, but it really just made me spite books by the end of it. I don't see any merit to reading fiction or non-fiction literature, so the only thing that's left for me is educational literature
>>
>>9918532
Adding to my previous statement, maybe it was the fault of my education system, but I've been forced to read really boring non-fiction works of my eastern european country throughout all of middleschool and late highschool as well as greek epics like Homer which I was never really interested in, and the only thing that could have any semblance of interest like Jung, Nietzsche, or fiction like Kafka was only lightly mentioned throughout my final high school courses, at which point I already despised the idea of reading.
>>
>>9918550
>>9918573
Boohohoho is everyone fault but me!
You are an humongous bitch
>>
>>9918550
>I was being forced to at an early stage of my life when I didn't have the attention span to support it.
If there was ever such a point in your life beyond the age you learned to read then you're retarded.
>>
>>9918579
It's a quite ironic when someone as badly versed in books as me has better syntax and grammar than you. Also reading comprehension is key, while I do mention the instigators, in the end it's me who has the problem, which I'm trying to address here.
>>
>>9918595
You wrote like a woman
>>
>>9918587
There is a better approach to introduce someone to interesting literature than "read about this family in the medieval times and analyze every little speck of symbolism it might have". Kids shouldn't be conditioned into liking reading, not forced to swallow the empty pride of pompous nationalist writers.
>>
>>9918605
should* be conditioned
>>
>>9918598
You are writing like someone who doesn't belong on this board
>>
>>9918612
Homo
>>
>>9918622
So what do you read that gives you so much confidence in your sexuality
>>
>>9918502
i read a few things of my own volition when i was in school, and i enjoyed reading but it was always a chore.

Unironically, read Catcher in the rye, The giver, meditations, and just pick a book on subject that you enjoy and read it.
>>
>>9918550
>still holding onto such a petty and childish grudge
the only one suffering is you
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.