[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0683.gif (24KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0683.gif
24KB, 300x300px
Okay, I have a question for Laveyan Satanists out there. In an interview between Bob Larson and Xena Lavey, Xena said that "all we [Laveyan Satanists] stand for is letting nature take its course." Xena Lavey was a leader of the Church of Satan at that time. So if all Laveyan Satanists stand for is letting nature take its course, then it follows that Laveyan Satanists believe in becoming simple-minded animals that just give into their instincts. Whenever a Laveyan Satanist has to go to the bathroom, he or she just gives into his or her instincts and just goes right there. Whenever a Laveyan Satanist is angry at someone and his instincts tell him to kill that person, the Laveyan Satanist kills that person. Surely there's something wrong with going to the bathroom wherever one wants to and killing out of instinct. Can any Laveyan Satanists out there correct me on this?
>>
>>9918379
The most clownish, cartoonish thing I've heard of. Just be an atheist for fuck's sake. Laveyanism is cringey.

>also, read this book, it's just common sense with some self-respect thrown in there ;-)

>oh, look at me, I don't believe in anything, but I still have these rituals and black masses BECAUSE I DON'T CARE AND THAT'S THE POINT! LOL!
>>
>>9918379
My understanding of how Lavey satanism works is that it is basically edgy as fuck atheism, with a moral code like a religion.

They have a 7 tenet code similar to the christian commandments that they adhere to that might be what your looking for:

1."One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason."

2."The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions."

3. "One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone."

4. "The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own."

5. "Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs."

6."People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused."

7."Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word."
>>
>>9918379
What on the world ever gave you the idea that higher consciousness is unnatural?
>>
>>9918379
They also say expect consequence of your actions, just as you expect others too.

Sure they advocate hedonism and a 'whatever' attitude, but be warned that you have to clean up the mess afterwards.
>>
>>9918379
Laveyans are fucking pathetic, they're worse than this new stream of LARPing Christians.
>>
>>9918379
>can't into theistic satanism
You'll never make it.
>>
>>9919997
This 7 tenet code seems to be the equivalent of "be a morally good person as much as you're able to". But if that's the case, why does it say in one of the Satanic Statements "Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!" This seems to be condoning morally evil behavior, while the 7 tenet code is against morally evil behavior. Is this a contradiction in Laveyan Satanism?
>>
File: Zeena-lavey5.jpg (82KB, 566x696px) Image search: [Google]
Zeena-lavey5.jpg
82KB, 566x696px
DAYUM ZEENA
>>
>>9920001
I thought nature would want us to just survive based on our brute strength and instincts and adaptability. The primitive is what's natural. I don't think nature ever intended there to be higher thinking in creatures, I think that was an accident
>>
>>9920108
it's probably a reference to other religions that tend to label self-gratification as invalid.
>>
>>9920141
Why do you think that you have any idea which phenomena are "intended" by nature and which are accidents? And if it's intended, then you mean agency, then you mean God. Right?
>>
>>9919997
how many different versions of this are there?

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

Do not harm little children.

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
>>
>>9920141
>I thought nature would want us to just survive based on our brute strength and instincts and adaptability.

nature gave us intelligence. it would be against nature to not use that gift.

man is a part of nature. everything man does is natural, including massacres, nuclear weapons, oil spills, whaling and overpopulation.
>>
>>9918379
i think you're reading way way way too much into one statement
>>
Satanism is an inconsistent religion. Lavey was a failed musician with no formal training in theology, much less his kids. they made shit up as they went along. Satanism is just a edgy role play religion as far as I can see
>>
File: Lucifer-Rising-jacket-010.jpg (23KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Lucifer-Rising-jacket-010.jpg
23KB, 460x276px
>>9918379
Lucifer Rising is pretty rad. I think Kennith Anger got it but the church of Satan as anything but a joke is pretty pathetic. I mean it is just a belief structure in opposition to another and doesn't offer anything other than position, Satanism requires Christianity.
>>
>>9918379
Human being's cogitation or thinking are part of nature. We, including our mind and consciousness, are completely natural.
So if a Laveyan Satanist gets angry at someone, but prevets himself from going to kill that person for being aware of the possible consequences, he's still "letting nature take its course".
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.