[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medical student currently on my Psychiatry rotation and I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: gTOJH0E.jpg (252KB, 460x800px) Image search: [Google]
gTOJH0E.jpg
252KB, 460x800px
Medical student currently on my Psychiatry rotation and I've really taken an interest to Schizophrenia and the other psychotic disorders.

Does anyone have good reading on:
>The Self
>Self consciousness
>Loss of self
>>
>>9915545
'Der Einzigeund sein Eigentum' is all about the self and illustrates mental illness exceedingly well.
>>
>>9915545
one time I dropped LSD and forgot who I was, where I was, who my friends were and even forgot the fact I took LSD. One of the most eye opening experiences of my life. I was like a baby, except I could still talk and use words.

Probably not what you're looking for but Anti-Oedipus: Capitalism and Schizophrenia and A Thousand Plateaus are cool books. Probably not what you're looking for though.
>>
>>9915565
Thanks famalam, will have a look.

>>9915570
Appreciate the suggestions anon but not really what I was looking for.
Kinda like your experience with LSD I was hoping for books which explore that complete disassociation from reality and the self.
>>
Reasons and Persons - Derek Parfit
>>
>>9915545
Somewhat related, and completely fascinating is Julian Jaynes' The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bi-cameral Mind.
>>
>>9915656
Unreasonable autistic reaction to unreasonable autistic 'philosophy of personhood' -- bears no relevance to the psychology of the self
>>
>>9915659
In other words, it explores your query in reverse.
>>
>>9915635
>Kinda like your experience with LSD I was hoping for books which explore that complete disassociation from reality and the self.

Thats exactly what Capitalism and Schizophrenia is about, but applied to the form of theory. But yeah, like I said, probably not what you want. You want schizophrenia theorized in a non-schizomatic form.
>>
>>9915666
>bears no relevance
sure it does. for a 'rationalist,' that's an intetrsting display of passion there, senpai.
>>
>>9915545
One flew over the cuckoos nest
>>
>>9915659

Heard of this book unironically from WestWorld
>Normie get out reee

Definitely will be picking it up, the premise of early man's conscious thought being heard as a external voice sounds eerily similar to the Auditory hallucinations in Schizophrenia.
>>
Kyle Odom's manifesto
http://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2754139-Kyle-Odom-Manifesto.html
>>
>>9915545
read the last psychiatrist in chronological order and get a job as a janitor
>>
>>9915694
That's the premise. We begin schizophrenic. Schizophrenia viewed therefore (like tail stubs) as an avatarism. Lots of ancient backing. Fun.
>>
r d laing divided self
>>
Memoirs of my Nervous Illness
The Eden Express
VALIS trilogy
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.