[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this image accurate? Is this controversial for you?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

File: booke.jpg (84KB, 480x573px) Image search: [Google]
booke.jpg
84KB, 480x573px
Is this image accurate?
Is this controversial for you?
>>
It's not accurate because people don't climb books and there currently are no books large enough for a person to climb.
>>
>>9915163
>t. down syndrome
>>
There is no future for you.
>>
>>9915156
I mean, it's not totally wrong but it's also "le edgy borne in the wrong generation maymay".

The fact that it's using a visual medium to convince you that textual media are superior is also kind of funny to me.
>>
It's the kind of shit people who are "proud book readers" post on facebook to virtue signal.
>>
I really wish I could give you a straight answer OP, but I'm too busy getting every neuron in my brain and spine shredded apart and put back together two dozen times a second by your image
>>
>>9915163
Its a metaphor you fucking retard
>>
>>9915163
This. Illustrator is a fucking moron
>>
>some faggot who spends his life on facebook
>reads The Hobbit once
>posts this shit and gets tons of likes
>meanwhile, people actually out here doing real thoreau type shit eschewing the modern world and getting their brains swole on literature (not me, i am middle of the road sorta guy)
o i am laffin
>>
>>9915156
It implies that reading is a struggle for intellectual improvement (with the disabled having television). But if you enjoy reading it isn't work at all. It's like those people you see trying to lose weight sweating and struggling at the gym vs those that are at the gym legitimately enjoying it.
>>
>>9915192

Hit the nail on the head. There's a sliver of merit to it, but at the same time it's the same tired complaint that's been made for decades (re: "rock 'n roll is destroying the youth!"). Add to that the exponential growth of television and that we're in a self-proclaimed golden age (YMMV), and I can't fault someone for finding merit in television.
>>
>>9915316
exactly, the person who made this and the person who shares it expose themselves as non-readers basically
>>
>>9915299
Call it whatever you want, but it doesn't make any sense. The only book big enough to be "climbable" is the bible or infinite jest.
>>
>>9916438
>infinite jest is the largest book he knows
how much of a pleb are you? have you never heard of Proust or Clarissa?
>>
>>9916450
No but I've watched the movies and both suck
>>
>>9915156
Woah...

...damn...
>>
>>9915156
i hate seeing this edgy fuckers art all the time
>>
>>9915156
My partner who actually uses this foolish device aka the computer called me over to look at and comment upon this image. I myself personally do not utilize the computer, the smartphone, the television, or any such modern technological devices. I believe they have negative effects on one's brain and, indeed, if I may be so bold to say it among a horde of technology-obsessed literati poseurs like yourselves, sitting mouth agape before your screens, refreshing your "catalogue" incessantly so that you might "shitpost" or "troll" all the other "4channers", negative effects on one's soul.

The message of this image is essentially correct, albeit a touch heavy-handed. It is only people like me, who have eschewed utterly seductive siren-call of the screen, who will write anything worthy of note. The rest of you will be too brain-fried to keep up. Your works, which most of you shall never even get around to writing, shall die stillborn from the presses; your names shall fade into obscurity before your skin has even turned to dust in the lonely boxes you were buried in, whilst my name shall live on for eternity.
>>
File: 200%_rad.jpg (177KB, 400x640px) Image search: [Google]
200%_rad.jpg
177KB, 400x640px
>>9916694
Woah... I want more...
>>
>>9916694
"Worthy of note"
dam nigga just write noteworthy, that phrase is clunky as hell
>>
It's brainlet propaganda.
>>
Depends on the books, quite honestly, and what people do with them. If the person is just reading for entertainment, it's pretty much the same. Schopenhauer has already spoken about pseudos that only read so they cna boast later, without digesting and learning the books they read.
>>
File: Chinese Staff.jpg (4KB, 300x57px) Image search: [Google]
Chinese Staff.jpg
4KB, 300x57px
>>9915165
>>9915299
literally handicapped
>>
>>9916730
nice work. do you see any other problems with their entry?
>>
>>9915163
Fpbp.

Artists who make shit liKe this should have their hands cleavered
>>
>>9916933
I think its pasta but they missed a "the" between "utterly" and "seductive
>>
>>9915299
So it's fake and you think it's real? Guess you're the retard here.
>>
>>9916694
>bad user usage means the device is bad
I'm sure the Greeks would have killed you in the most brutal ways for trying to get their remote devices in which they can read whole libraries, whenever they are and their storage size is so small that they can get enough material for a few eons and even then just a bit of the storage will be used not to talk about the communication part which is just as much mindblowing used right
>>
>>9915156
Does it imply that people who don't read are mentally handicapped?
>>
>>9915163

Lol that was pretty good my dude
>>
>>9916993
>for trying to get their remote devices...[incomprehensible mumbling]...
they would beat him for what?
>>
>>9915167

What an objectively incorrect statement. Unless someone died on the spot after reading that you're just plain wrong.
>>
>>9915163
good thinking, anon. I've never seen a book that big in my life, and I've read Infinite Jest!
>>
>>9917008
No, it implies that parking spots for the handicapped should perhaps be furnished with last screen tvs that the handicapped could spend their time watching until their owner comes back from shopping.
>>
>>9915163
This.
>>
>>9915156
I'm not sure this image holds up to closer scrutiny. What if the television story was an adaption of a book and the book was an adaption of a television story.
>>
The TV is powered on but it isn't plugged into anything. The image isn't accurate at all.
>>
Books are actually smaller than televisons
>>
The creator of this imagine must feel really smart
>>
>>9915156
Incorrect because it implies books are inaccessible to some people, who are relegated to television.

In reality, both books and TV are choices. The only limitation is literacy, which is barely a hurdle at all in the first world.

A better comparison would be someone reading a book for 50 hours, and someone watching the 2 hour adaptation because they have other shit to be doing.
>>
>>9917336
It's wireless.
>>
>>9915156
>TV written in the upper right corner of the TV

WOW THANKS BASED COMIC CREATOR I WOULDNT KNOW OTHERWISE AND THE PROFOUND MESSAGE OF THE IMAGE WOULD SURELY BE LOST ON ME
>>
>>9917015
Your low amount of IQ stops you from reading even simple sentences
>>
>>9916694
kek
>>
>>9915156
Without specifying what books lead man on his pursuit of true knowledge, the metaphor's main point becomes subjective. Where some would consider the illustrated stack of books as something like the Greeks, (most) others would consider it as something like Harry Potter.

This metaphor also makes the assumption that all books, any books, are better than television. Because Harry Potter is somehow better than shows like The Wire.
>>
wow you guys are all retarded the guy on the left is ascending the arduous steps of education and career while the fat lards on the right get supported by him
>>
>>9915163
Great bait
>>
The people on the right have mobility issues, so they're instead going to put a PDF of the book up on that TV screen and read things that way.
>>
>>9916694
Maybe frequenting an anonymous literate discussion board can teach you a little humility, pseud. It's good to be told every once in a while that your skills will always be absolute dogshit to some fringe of the larger literary world - tames delusions of grandeur. Otherwise you end up writing like a fedora incarnate.
>>
Reading *per se* is not a noble or beneficial thing. It depends on what you read and what you do with it.
>>
>all the retards in this thread not understanding the most obvious satire and irony

what the fuck happened to /lit/?
>>
File: 1502484418414.jpg (7KB, 258x257px) Image search: [Google]
1502484418414.jpg
7KB, 258x257px
>>9915156

It's cringey and pretentious as fuck, you/we aren't special snowflakes for reading.
>>
>>9917566
The image was posted satirically?
>>
>>9916694
>missing the chance for "catalog" [sic]
Call your partner back, they need to know they had one job.
>>
>>9915156
>Is this controversial for you?
Insofar as reading is the new American virtue, yes.
>>
>>9917583
to be fair british and leaf english spell it that way
>>
>>9915156
you ableist fuck
>>
>>9915156
I want to grab the artist by the neck and snap his spine like a twig
>>
Rely makes you tink
>>
>>9917566
what do you mean?

also checked
>>
File: Arx och Nimis.jpg (461KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Arx och Nimis.jpg
461KB, 1600x1200px
>>9915163
>there currently are no books large enough for a person to climb.
Yes there is. Pic related in the foreground, "Arx" by Lars Vilks.

He did not have a permit to build a sculpture where he wanted to, so he decided it was a book which he'd just left on the ground.
>>
It is in fact published and cataloged.
ISBN 91-88248-47-X
>>
>>9917566
The image is pretty "genuine" and is actually lionizing readers. I think you've been rolling on so many layers of irony that you lost the ability to recognize sincerity.

If you reverse image search it you'll see that literally all the other pages using it are "born in the wrong generation", "what's wrong with modern technological society" pages. That's not to say that those people are all right about their larger point but rather just to say that you're pretty much the only guy reading irony into the image.
>>
>>9917602
that's why noting it's an oddity present in the text is hilarious.
>>
>>9915311
Thoreau was a pussy and a poseur
>>
>>9916657
Amen.
>>
>>9915321
What's good on TV right now?
>>
File: existential meaning.jpg (84KB, 1440x810px) Image search: [Google]
existential meaning.jpg
84KB, 1440x810px
>>9918201

Rick And Morty
>>
>>9918213
>reddit and meme
>>
>>9918571

hilarious and original
>>
>>9915163
>he never climbed Bottom's Dream
>>
>>9917614
I, OP, never commented this image. Just asking for your opinions.
>>
>>9918201
Twin Peaks
>>
>>9916450
you have been played
>>
>>9919935
More like "SHIT Piss", ha ha.
>>
>>9917526
That's a nice thought of yours there, I like it very much. :3
>>
>>9915156
Looking at the thickness of the pages, it's not even that long of a book
>>
>>9919986
S A V A G E
>>
>>9915163
10/10
>>
>>9915299
What level of irony are you even on?
>>
Is the implication that handicapped people cannot read? If so I think it depends on the disability. Blinds can't read visually but paraplegic probably still can.
>>
>>9915156
Sure smells like summer in this thread

this: >>9915282
Reading YA or Genre fiction is no different than watching a TV show anyway and that's what 99% of "readers" are consuming.
>>
>>9915163
This. Plus all books are shit anyway. This board is retarded.
>>
File: 1472682997762.jpg (22KB, 300x342px) Image search: [Google]
1472682997762.jpg
22KB, 300x342px
>>9915299
>Ironically defending an ironic post while people ironically argue with you
>>
>>9915163
easy on the carrots, bugs ;)
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.