[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PLZ CRITIQUE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: lethe_lethe.png (317KB, 464x401px) Image search: [Google]
lethe_lethe.png
317KB, 464x401px
Short story about Mom's death in June 2017
I want to be a great writer so please tear it up or say something bad.
This has ~ 300 words, I want to end up with >3000.

SILENCE, MORTAL BEINGS ---
VAIN GRANDEURS, SILENCE ---

Her death was surreal. the three of us watched it. It still does not make sense. Maybe it made sense to the nurse: Just another night shift in palliative care. I could say this: what I saw was paranormal. But life after death, NO. The family with their prayers. Everybody adhering to "Destination: Heaven." Well fuck a God that creates us to worship him. God is too human. I filed faith away as myth long, long ago.

When they took the tube out, she flinched. I felt her annoyance somewhere deep inside myself. She tensed as if to puke. Her nose wrinkled and she grimaced. The most active I had seen her all day. I know we all leaned in and braced ourselves. Was she hurting or was that an involuntary response? Could she feel that annoyance? Probably just us.

They tell you all kinds of things to make you feel better like the meds are strong enough. She's comfortable. Someone even said that this bag here -- this is the drug that Michael Jackson couldn't get enough of. I am numb, I am crying, I have been both for hours now.

One cannot know. How can you know? If they say they do they will lie to you with fear and love behind their eyes.

Mom swallowed hard. The nurse lifted her head and rearranged the pillows. For a moment, mom's eyes opened. I had wished for this for hours. She looked right at me. I was still and I remember saying "Ma?" and searching for hope of maybe saying goodbye, or hello, or anything. Her eyes. She wasn't looking at me. Wasn't looking through me. She was in a coma and liver failure. There was nothing behind those eyes. Her eyes opened unnaturally and all that shone back at me was an abyss. Blackness. Void.

Her blood was poisoned. Her brain was awash in toxins. The inevitability had arrived. We were numb. We understood the abstract nature of "passing." Here was that abstraction. Blurry and staticy, with some blind spots. Speak, memory. Tell me again what happened.
>>
>>9914973
It's good. I have no qualms with it. Want to read more,.so write that 3000. Also don't post here if you want it published somewhere, it comes up on search engines and technically counts as self publishing.
>>
>>9915038
What if he puts it in an image or disposable pastebin?
>>
>>9915038
Thank you for the warning my friend. I had not considered that.
>>
>>9915045
image is fine, it's what I do. They wont be able to find it. Just remember that turnitin and those programs will pick up stuff you post on the internet in text
>>
>>9915056
Forgot about turn it in
>>
>>9915056
Ok, so I'm a lesser scribe and I am not clear about copyright -- are you saying that If I snip a section and post as png or something for a critique I'll be "safe?"
>>
>>9915147
yep. I'm not saying you'll always be told you've been self-published, just a precaution imo
>>
>>9915150
Right on, Thanks very much!!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.