[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Oh my Lanta friends, I am playing an intriguing game of chess

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 3189647.jpg (110KB, 1500x1245px) Image search: [Google]
3189647.jpg
110KB, 1500x1245px
Oh my Lanta friends, I am playing an intriguing game of chess and I'd like some recommendations on any books that can offer me strategy tips on the matter. Anyone know any?
>>
No but I have a really good youtube playlist that will make you good.

I will give this to you in exchange for advice.

I also like chess but it is hard for me to play because when I lose or when my plans are intercepted I rage very hard. How do I accept not being able to completely control the external world
>>
>>9914800

Yeah, here's a tip. Examine your opponent before you go up against them. Are they capable? Are they cowardly? Are they determined? What kind of moves will they make? Will they remain unpredictable? Is there any way you can get an edge over them? Do they have any weakness you can exploit during the course of the game?

Just don't get into a game you don't know you can win. And for fucks sake, if you're losing hard, save yourself the embarrassment and just Sue for peace. I mean, offer a tie or something. You'll probably be less mad in the long run.
>>
>>9914809

>Examine your opponent

I only play the computer because otherwise I worry about taking too long with my moves and the shame of losing to another person
>>
>>9914814

Then you aren't fit to play the game. You have to be willing to face your enemy, look them in the eye, and say: "I don't care who you are, I've got you, you son of a bitch". In a more chess-like kind of way.

You can't pussy-foot around these things.
>>
>>9914821

Your advice was literally shit tier but a promise is a promise here is the playlist

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQsLDm9Rq9bHKEBnElquF8GuWkI1EJ8Zp
>>
>>9914843

I never intended on watching your playlist, brother.

Anyone have any book recs?
>>
>>9914848

Ok then google chess books or something asshole
>>
>>9914854

Hey hey hey, no need to start slinging insults. Lets be civil here. I did google some shit, but I'm looking for this cool thing called "recommendations".
>>
Fischer's My Sixty Memorable Games should be enough.
>>
>>9914948
My System and The Soviet Chess Primer
>>
>>9915468
>>9915513

thank you
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.