[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Practice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 0004959612_10.jpg (205KB, 960x957px) Image search: [Google]
0004959612_10.jpg
205KB, 960x957px
>anons post the form they wish to write in (prose, poetry, sonnet, etc.)

>other anons then give prompts to above posters. shitpost replies are, of course, optional

>complete given prompts in 30 min or less, then post (or not).

You know you aren't doing anything better; might as well up your word count today.
>>
Hell, why not. I'll write a couple flash fiction for the first 2/3 decent, non shitpost prompts you guys come up with
>>
>>9914185
I'll give ya one:

>being unexpectedly and bitterly betrayed by your lifelong, best friend
>>
>>9914185
Or, if you're a naturalist as myself:

>watching a distant supercell approach from the distance during sunset
>>
>>9914197
>>9914205

Both interesting. Will do both of these
>>
Poetry--No specific type.
>>
>>9914197
The crowd shivered with awe as he walked through it. He gazed at them, doing his utmost to hide the disgust he felt. They weren't bad people, surely - they had families, ambitions, fears like he did. But they were small, in mind and in spirit.

Even as his bodyguards hustled him along, shoving people back if they tried to approach, he could smell them.

He did his best to project self-assurance and power. It was not a vain attempt. Nevertheless, his heart settled into its normal rhythm only when he was inside. The noise of the crowd was muffled, here - here he was in his element.

The politician strode forward as most of the guards melted away. One of the men outside had tried to talk to him before being pushed away, with something urgent in his manner. Such urgency unnerved him nowadays. The capital city was immense, but citizens still felt entitled to throw all of their problems at his feet.

Of late he'd taken to sitting in silence and allowing himself to simply exist, when he wasn't working or meeting with someone, which was almost every waking moment. The people around him seldom understood. His wife, a politician's wife if ever there was one, relished the stimulation of knowing everyone's names. He was very good at it himself. He never enjoyed it much, however - most people were dull, and there were more important things to worry about.

Few people in the world understood him. The ones who did he held dearer than anything else in his old age, understanding that friends were hard to find now.

Imagine his relief when he saw him, his dearest friend of all.
He walked in strides across the Senate floor, holding out his arms to embrace Brutus.
>>
File: sartre.jpg (32KB, 407x324px) Image search: [Google]
sartre.jpg
32KB, 407x324px
>>9914323
I'm writing the second one, the 'naturalistic' prompt in a bit
>>
>>9914323
The writing was hasty, I can tell, which is excusable given the time limit. Really the reveal, as clearly intended, made this piece. So, overall I enjoyed it.
>>
File: g4.png (1MB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
g4.png
1MB, 1500x1125px
How about a picture prompt?
>>
>>9914283
Anyone? I'm in my zone right now
>>
>>9914346
>>9914348
>>9914283
I'll take it
>>
>>9914348
Someone's sense of morality being shattered
Insomnia
A silk market in Nanjing
>>
File: cartoon-newt.jpg (150KB, 940x705px) Image search: [Google]
cartoon-newt.jpg
150KB, 940x705px
>>9914343
Very hasty. I find it hard to work towards an idea sometimes without being overly functional, in a short time. Still, thanks!
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.