[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What did /lit/ make of pic related, did Humbert do anything wrong?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: Lolita-cover.jpg (353KB, 763x1173px) Image search: [Google]
Lolita-cover.jpg
353KB, 763x1173px
What did /lit/ make of pic related, did Humbert do anything wrong?
>>
hWhomst knows hwhat he actually did?
>>
i think he killed the mother right?
>>
>>9914201
Nah she died on accident running out into the street, not looking both ways.
>>
>>9913563
The film's alright. It doesn't really capture the book's magic, but it comes closer to doing that than the (better) Kubrick film. Of course he was wrong -- he destroyed a young girl's childhood.
>>
Was he an autist? Mason's performance certainly made him look that way. And Irons is too good at playing sexual deviants
>>
>>9913563
Book cover is making me feel a little weird t B h
>>
File: 1488504323755.gif (85KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488504323755.gif
85KB, 360x360px
Well he raped her, depends on whether rape is wrong or if if's anime
>>
>>9914212
worth noting that humbert is not a reliable narrator
>>
File: 1492268148761.png (13KB, 420x420px) Image search: [Google]
1492268148761.png
13KB, 420x420px
didn't lolita suck some lad's willy at summer camp, sounds like she was ready for the dick to me
>>
>>9914311
Right. I bet Dolores was at least 21 years old.
>>
>>9913563
The real question is,

Did he kill charlotte?!?!?!?
>>
>>9913563
The narrative is amusing and the prose is great. That's the fancy covering but at least for me it's hollow and in the end it's a book about a sad pedo. Couldn't relate and say I learned anything or that it's among my favorites.
>>
He's a cunt to everyone throughout the entire book, a miserable elitist dick who loathes everyone including himself.

Also he's a pedo.

Great book.
>>
>>9914257
Got a boner huh?
>>
>>9913563
I'm reading it right now, the writing is incredible. Nabokov sits upon the absolute apex of modernism

>>9914212
If you're inclined to believe the driver's account, she slipped, but instead of falling backwards she fell forwards into the car. Considering Charlotte just learned of HH and Lo's relationship, it wouldn't have been a stretch to see it as intentional

>>9914201
Pretty much, yeah

>>9914326
She had a little bit of a lesbian fling with this girl at camp, but then one of her friends started having sex the camp owner's son, so out of fomo she tried it too.

"I have but followed nature. I am nature's faithful hound. Why then this horror that I cannot shake off? Did I deprive her of her flower? Sensitive gentlewomen of the jury, I was not even her first lover." "... and at one point, among the undergrowth, Lo would be let as sentinel,, while Barbara and the boy copulated behind a bush. At first, Lo had refused 'to try what it was like', but curiosity and camaraderie prevailed, and soon she and Barbara were doing it by turns with the silent, coarse and surly but indefatigable Charlie..." "Although conceding it was 'sort of fun'and fine for the complexion', Lolita, I am glad to say, held Charlie's mind and matters in the greatest contempt."

Lolita was a whore

>>9914257
You haven't seen anything yet anon
>>
>>9913563

Lolita covers get more blatant every time I see a new one
>>
>>9916095
thats an old penguin cover
>>
>>9915985
>>9914326
Humbert projected his resentment of his first lover on Lolita. His distorted view of women and of children coupled with the need to justify his actions made him convinced that she's a promiscuous, barely human creature whose only purpose is the sexual satisfaction of men. This delusion is very common among pedos, or sexual predators in general.
>>
>>9913563
i own this now, and i still don't want to read it.
>>
>Having an underage girl in The Pose on the cover

welp
>>
>>9916816
Little girls do that pose all the time irl, anon. Normal people don't view feet as erogenous zones.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.