[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Leon Trotsky

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: leon-trotsky-9510793-1-raw.jpg (91KB, 848x1200px) Image search: [Google]
leon-trotsky-9510793-1-raw.jpg
91KB, 848x1200px
Is his History of the Russian Revolution good? Was he a good writer.
>>
>>9912515
you can compare chapters 25 of both the culture of critique and all of trotsky's works and note that the ability to generate an acrostic was about the same, prose slightly superior
>>
File: 1478806539589.jpg (44KB, 500x314px) Image search: [Google]
1478806539589.jpg
44KB, 500x314px
>>9912515
It's alright, but somewhat dry and technical (lots of detail about who said what in a meeting on X date and what their political aims were in doing that, maneuvers and supplies for different revolutionary groups, etc). I'd reccomend John Reed's Ten Days That Shook the World or the more recent October by China Mieville if you want a history of the RR. The Revolution Betrayed is better, and still the best criticism of Stalin (though, again, very in-depth).

Also, if you want a little insight into Trotsky as a person, The Man Who Loved Dogs is a great historical novel covering his last days leading up to assassination in Mexico (by the Cuban writer Leonardo Padura).
>>
>>9912520
why the fuck do you shill this book in every fucking thread
>>
>>9912520
lol ok the culture of critique could actually be our meme, that shit was kind of funny, but only the more absurd it gets
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.