[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is pic related worth reading? Also, does it have romance in it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

Is pic related worth reading? Also, does it have romance in it? I hate that shit.
>>
>>9911264
Virgin detected. It has some of that stuff but its harrdly front and center. Some guy gets virgin shamed tho. He's like 35 too
>>
>>9911270
>Virgin detected
You have to go back
>>
>>9911264
It's pure dreck. There is no reason that this book even exists, other than a drunk trying to cash in on an already established literary movement after-the-fact. It's like Infinite Jest in the fact that it's an addict who thought his life was interesting enough to warrant dredging the artistic pond for rusted artifacts from 40 years ago.

Don't bother. I read it cover-to-cover and wholly regret it. I can get specific if you have questions. If you want to read something modernist, go for Miller, Joyce. If you want something elevating and difficult that's more modern, go for Krasz. Please listen to me so you don't waste any of your precious life on this like I did.
>>
>>9911303
I thought the prose was good tho
>>
I put down the book not even halfway trough it. Thought it was very bad.
>>
>>9911270
>Virgin detected

Ummm
sweetie
>>
yeah, it's worth reading. Lowry puts together good characters and gets lots of different aesthetic angles out of his conceits. It's also funny and moving at varying parts, and has a lot of literary references making it a fairly solid text. I know some people who swear to God by it and while I'm not as convinced as they are I do believe it's a good book. Plus, it's like 350 pages and reads smoothly, won't take long at all.
>>
>>9912969
>350 pages is short
>>
>>9912976
>>350 pages is short
>>
>>9911264
>Also, does it have romance in it? I hate that shit.
you could say it has "romance" in it, as in central to the novel is a relationship between a husband and his wife who were once in love and are trying to rekindle it but it's a deeply broken relationship due to the Consul's alcoholism and childish dependency. most of the time Yvonne's and the Consul's relationship rather mirrors mother and son, so it will probably make sense to a virgin like you
>>
>>9912986
>virgin
t. >>9911270
Give up already, you buttblasted faggot
>>
Total masterpiece. Your mileage may vary. I don't understand anyone hating this book at all. 10/10 will 10 again.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.