[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

on the road

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: OnTheRoad.jpg (19KB, 247x413px) Image search: [Google]
OnTheRoad.jpg
19KB, 247x413px
for a first time reader: 1957 version or the 2007 'original scroll'?
>>
>>9909181
The original scroll has excellent rhythm, and the lack of punctuation isn't challenging at all if you're familiar with English. He actually uses it in some very interesting ways.
>>
The Scroll is really the definitive version. Fewer "speed bumps" so to speak and not made bland for 1957 tastes.
>>
>>9909269
>>9909594
thanks guys!
>>
>>9909181
>>9909269
>>9909594
Agree. The original scroll has an intensity to it that you don't find in the somehow cartoonish first edition. Maybe this is personal, but the non-fiction element adds weight to the whole work. It's like a secret diary rather than a detached joke. There's an intimacy that the narrators has with the characters that just seems sappy in the first. The names are not changed too, which if you're into the history of all those writers and characters it makes the entire thing flow. It reminds me of other new journalism style essays.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.