[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you listen to music while you read? If so, what?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 6

File: Musicfor18cover[1].jpg (33KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Musicfor18cover[1].jpg
33KB, 300x300px
Do you listen to music while you read? If so, what?
>>
File: sotl.jpg (30KB, 493x496px) Image search: [Google]
sotl.jpg
30KB, 493x496px
>>9908434
I always found this album to have to much going on for reading. It always captures my attention, does it not for you?

For me, pic related
>>
>>9908442
The album you posted is a solid pick as well. Music for 18 Musicians is pretty active, but I have some issues with attentiveness due to racing thoughts, and its liveliness actually helps me stay focused. Its repetition helps prevent it from distracting me.
>>
>>9908452
That's really interesting, what are your other favorites?
>>
File: 1526899[1].jpg (15KB, 300x270px) Image search: [Google]
1526899[1].jpg
15KB, 300x270px
>>9908486
Watermusic, by William Basinski. This is more in the vein of Stars of the Lid. If you enjoy ambient music, I'd wager it's very likely you'd enjoy it.
>>
usually I find it distracting.But I listened to gas - zauderberg while reading in the realm of hungry ghosts yesterday and it worked well.
>>
File: .jpg (110KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
110KB, 1200x675px
I listen to what I am reading, anon.
>>
>>9908495
Thanks for the rec! I used to listen to Disintegration Loops quite a bit but never this, looking forward to it
>>
File: pwog.jpg (119KB, 600x589px) Image search: [Google]
pwog.jpg
119KB, 600x589px
>>
>>9908517
Very cool. Do you have a last.fm?
>>
>>9908529
nah, is it any good? i had Goodreads but it's recommendation algorithm was shit.
>>
>>9908569
It used to be fashionable a couple of years ago, but I don't think people pay as much attention to it these days. The scripted recommendations are pretty good--but the real draw is finding someone who has similar tastes to you, and drawing from that organic source. All in all, I wouldn't recommend using it. It's a waste of time.
>>
>>9908579
ah, cool. I'm very bad at social media, so finding people would probably be a waste. thanks for the info.
>>
>>9908591
he's leaving out that it's a nifty tool just to measure and see what you have listened to over the years. it's pretty neat.

i'm sure most users consider the social media and radio aspects of last.fm secondary to the self-measurement. give it a try
>>
>>9908434
I often listen to soundtracks from the same genre as the book, if applicable. Otherwise something that captures the mood or setting of the book.
>>
>>9908502
This, you are never going to be able to fully appreciate the sound and rhythm of a text, if you're distracted by music, even on an unconscious level.
>>
File: loops3.png (256KB, 403x404px) Image search: [Google]
loops3.png
256KB, 403x404px
>>9908434
>>
>>9908434
classical music works for me
>>
To me it's impossible to listen to any music whilst reading.
If you do you are a retard.
>>
Schubert or Liszt
>>
Who /power metal/ here?
>>
I have this on a loop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ke7FZz0DHQU
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.