/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the HECK even is a phenomenology, /lit/?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: husserl.jpg (49KB, 500x599px) Image search: [Google]
husserl.jpg
49KB, 500x599px
What the HECK even is a phenomenology, /lit/?
>>
Another distraction from anything we really want and anything we really fear.
>>
>(((Husserl)))

Makes one wonder.
>>
it's basically just a way of putting ontology/metaphysics to one side (so by that I mean questions about the external world existing or not, realism vs idealism vs dualism vs etc), and 'studying' just the contents and structure of your actual conscious experience

and by 'study' it's basically just a way of carefully noticing and describing what your conscious experience is like

so we have things like a phenomenoligical description of ones body, which involves describing in detail the way in which one is embodeied within a publicly experienced world
>>
www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5Mc55P1i9g
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PramR5oxn50
>>
>>9908164
Thanks anon, that's elucidating.

>>9908171
Gosh darn, Sandra Bullock was a cutie and a half then.
>>
>>9908142

Stanford:

Phenomenology is the study of structures of consciousness as experienced from the first-person point of view.

-----------------------------------

Phenomenology is an attempt to account for the subjective experience. I find a good way to understand any new branch of philosophy is to try and make a fundamental question of it, thereby giving myself a chance to provide and answer and see how it compares with the actual philosophers of that movement. So I would say a good starting phenomenology question would be:

If we only experience direct phenomena with our five senses, why is it that our experiences are often so rich?

--------------------------------------

Some common answers rely on the idea of a Self. What is a self? What is it that we call "I" when we refer to our past experiences, or what is the "I" we are referring to when we say something like, "I am going to the mall;" or, "I spilled my coffee and it was hot."

Stanford says:
Classical phenomenologists practiced some three distinguishable methods.

(1) We describe a type of experience just as we find it in our own (past) experience. Thus, Husserl and Merleau-Ponty spoke of pure description of lived experience. (2) We interpret a type of experience by relating it to relevant features of context. In this vein, Heidegger and his followers spoke of hermeneutics, the art of interpretation in context, especially social and linguistic context. (3) We analyze the form of a type of experience. In the end, all the classical phenomenologists practiced analysis of experience, factoring out notable features for further elaboration.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.