[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /lit/ think of The Dresden Files?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: StormFront.jpg (73KB, 510x680px) Image search: [Google]
StormFront.jpg
73KB, 510x680px
What does /lit/ think of The Dresden Files?
>>
i've been recommended it in the past on account of my love for hellblazer comics but i've also had people tell me it's schlocky trash. what do you think?
>>
>>9908054
it's literally for children what the fuck is there to say about it
>>
>>9908070
Wrocg
>>
The main character is a neckbeard with magic.
>>
>>9908063
If you're looking for flowing language, prose that will take your breath away etc. then look elsewhere.
I read it cause I want to know what's gonna happen next.

The first couple of books (2 or 3) are pretty bad, though.
>>
>>9908904
How bad
>>
>>9908070
>literally
I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
>>9910238
Not TERRIBLE, but it's definitely a series that gets markedly better as it goes on.
>>
>>9910238
I've read the series. I didn't like the first book, but was bored and decided to read the second. The second was a huge improvement, and the third was even better. Then the quality jumps massively after that. Its kind of like you're watching the author learn to write.
It's silly magic adventures, but I enjoyed it.
>>
>>9908054
Meh. I say this everytime, Dresden is what teenagers think is cool. He's obnoxious, constantly mouthing off, morally retarded, dresses like he's only pretending to be goth to get pussy and honestly, I've never cussed out a character more than I do Dresden in a single book. Just woRK WITH MARCONE YOU DUMB FUCK. Honestly, there's nothing redeemable about the fucking books. That said, I've read 12 of them.
>>
File: hardy6.jpg (2MB, 993x1510px) Image search: [Google]
hardy6.jpg
2MB, 993x1510px
>>9908054
Basically The Hardy Boys for adults

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Hardy_Boys
>>
>>9910293
for real?
>>
>>9911106
Yeah. In regards to what?
>>
>>9911112
Dresden is what teenagers think is cool. He's obnoxious, constantly mouthing off, morally retarded, dresses like he's only pretending to be goth to get pussy and honestly, I've never cussed out a character more than I do Dresden in a single book.
>>
>>9911117
Yeah. It's urban fantasy, so you get what you pay for, I guess. It's not so bad if you pretend that Butcher is smart enough to write Dresden as a character who stagnated emotionally due to trauma. Still, his stupid decisions and cringeworthy quips can be... hard to stomach.
>>
Nobody whom I respect has ever recommended this series to me, but a lot of people whom I do not respect have told me that they like it.
Urban fantasy is fucking gay.
>>
>>9908054
Is it true the first book is misogynistic
>>
>>9912132
Yes
>>
The same thing I think about Culture of Critique by Kevin Macdonald. It's superb.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.