[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dune

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: The-Winds-of-Dune.jpg (390KB, 1876x2874px) Image search: [Google]
The-Winds-of-Dune.jpg
390KB, 1876x2874px
Hows Dune? Is it a generic childrens fantasy akin to dragonlance & others or does it have merit?
>>
>>9906787
It basically just copied star wars so just watch the star wars films to get the same experience
>>
>>9906787
It's pulpy f u n .
>>
>>9906793
Fuck you nigger
>>
One of the more well-written scifi epics.

The first three books are really good, but the story really shines in God Emperor.
>>
>>9906793
This
>>
I found the first book to be very formulaic and shallow, with cookie cutter characters abound. The only one who caught my attention was Kynes
>>
>>9907136
This, Dune is pretty entertaining but God Emperor of Dune can change your life. It's by far one of the best books I have ever read. Also fuck you Leto II Mozart is great.
>>
>>9906793
fpbp
dont read that shit is even WORSE than the source material
>>
>>9908287
Do I need to read all of the books up until this one, or can I skip to it?
>>
>>9908303
Dune is self-contained
but you need to read Messiah and Children to understand God Emperor
>>
>>9908303
You need to read all of them. God Emperor makes the first three books feel like a tiny footnote in comparison, but it's still a very important footnote that you will be pretty confused without.
>>
>>9908353
I've tried a couple times but can't get that far...I loved Hyperion and I just can't get into another sci-fi world
>>
>>9908362
I'm not sure what to tell you. Maybe it helped that I read Dune when I was sixteen, but I was always enthralled with it.

Maybe try the SciFi mini-series? It stays relatively true to the novel.
>>
>>9908362
If you read Dune and read a summary of Messiah and Children you can understand God Emperor. The book is pretty self contained, the philosophical aspects of the book is almost entirely self contained. Like the other guy said God Emperor makes the rest of Dune feel like a long foot note.
>>
File: rs_chad.png (603KB, 2518x1024px) Image search: [Google]
rs_chad.png
603KB, 2518x1024px
tfw love deserts and desert aesthetic
are there any books about this that aren't Dune
>>
>>9907136
>>9908287
Why is God Emperor considered such a great book?

Is it also not asking too much of people to read three books beforehand to get to the real classic of the series? Isn't Children of Dune meant to be a mess?

Really curious about the series though because the way people express their love for it does seem persuading for me.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.