[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

To you, what is the difference between self identity and self

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

To you, what is the difference between self identity and self expression? How and why do certain authors condemn the former and promote the latter?
>>
>>9905897
Self-expression is the actual form of self-identity. Perhaps the authors who condemn self-identity do so in order to encourage action over words. The self has no substance until it is given form by expression into reality through word or deed... but talking about your self-identity means that you are acting in accordance with it, does it not? I see few ways that these are dissimilar. Perhaps the caution is one against the holding of a belief of identity that is incongruous with the identity that is actually expressed.
>>
>>9905998
Relative to Marx and Eastern philosophy, they reject self identity because they find it vain or as a way to distance yourself from community. There has to be done difference between vanity and art, right?
>>
>>9906080
I don't believe that having a sense of self is inherently vain at all. How is one supposed to create art (is self-expression inherently artistic?) that illuminates their inner self if they have no sense of what that inner self is?
There may be fault in cultivating uniqueness at the expense of social acceptance. Once again, however, the individual's actions have alienated him; he has expressed himself as opposed to society, and his self-identity has become actualized.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.