[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The last 3 are fan-fiction. You literally can't refute this.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

The last 3 are fan-fiction. You literally can't refute this.
>>
>>9904568
The Old Testament is the original
The New Testament is the sequel
The Quran is the director's cut with commentary edition of both of them put together.
>>
>>9904568
the bible is more like a reboot really
>>
>>9904573
The Quran is closer to being a Middle Eastern knockoff that steals characters and ideas, but completely misses the point.
>>
why doesn't the daily stormer just convert to islam since the cloudflare ceo says he won't take down isis and al-qaeda websites because it would interfere with free speech?
>>
book of mormon is jesus goes to america
>>
>>9904568
Yeah I can. The Bible contains the Old Testament, it's not fanfiction based on the Old Testament. I've always found that meme including The Bible as the sequel to... The Bible written on a scroll to be totally stupid. The Quran and The Book of Mormon are separate books that came later though
>>
>>9904598
It represents the new testament, you dingus

In any case it's
Tanakh: original
New Testament: sequel
Quran: reboot
Mormon: spin-off
>>
>>9904602
Mormonism is more like a spin-off reboot prequel.
>>
>>9904568
The last one is fan-fiction of the second one. Only valid point in thread
>>
>>9904602
That's implying that the 'new testament' is continuing along the same vision that the hebrew bible started and isn't just a reboot which is clearly not true since the new testament is radically different.
Honestly the quran is much closer to the spirit of the hebrew bible than the new testament is, although false.
>>
>>9904602
There's more time between the writing of The Torah and the Nevi'im and Ketuvim then there is between the Ketuvim and the New Testament. That's why complete manuscript traditions of the OT date after the NT (I believe the Hebrew Masoretic Text was compiled in the fourth century AD. While earlier sources like the Dead Sea Scrolls were made earlier, they are incomplete and not compiled the same as the regular Tanakh). So I still feel like comparing the NTs relationship with the OT to The Quran's relationship with The Bible is a false comparison
>>
A New Hope
The Empire Strikes Back
Return of the Jedi
Space Balls
>>
>>9904610
Nice way to prove you've never read them you dumbass. You're right that John and the epistles are innovative works, but Matthew, Mark, Luke, Acts, and Revelation would all be quite at home with the Old Testament. The Quran, on the other hand, is a long form poem written in a style completely foreign to The Bible.
>>
Christ is risen, OP.
>>
>>9904632
Is this some kind of pun on the whole my body is bread thing?
>>
>>9904631
I mean that they're closer in terms of how they view sin.
Christianity has sola fide but the hebrew bible and the quran says that you have to work against your sins which is much closer to the original message of God before Christianity innovated and corrupted the sanctity of their beliefs.
Also in the same way, Christians blaspheme against God everyday by worshipping a false god, e.g a man and a spirit but the quran tells it's readers to worship one God.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.