[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If On A Winter's Night A Traveler

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: wintersnight.jpg (2MB, 1568x2359px) Image search: [Google]
wintersnight.jpg
2MB, 1568x2359px
who here has read this? i checked it out from the library but i don't have the time to read it just yet. i intend to start it in the next few weeks. is it good or is it gimmicky?
>>
It is gimmicky and makes no attempt to hide it and Calvino revels in it. It is a very good book regardless of it having a gimmick and it is impressive what he can do with it. It is a very charming and humorous read and you'll find conspiracies, paranoia, humor abound and a lot of musings on books.

Probably in my top 3 books read this year.
>>
Can anyone place all the real-life analogs of the authors in the book? So far I've got Mishima, Flann O'brien and Nabokov
>>
>>9904459
>you checked it out from the library but you don't have the time to read it just yet. you intend to start it in the next few weeks. you want to know, is it good or is it gimmicky?
>an anon approaches you on the matter
>you understand he's put it in his top three books read this year but you discern something within the text that suggest he spends more time in train stations than an adult man not employed by the transport authority should.
>you are unsure how to proceed which is probably the best course of action considering the preceding.
>you consider the possibility that this stranger is hanging out in train stations because he's some kind of pervert who values free wifi more than dignity as things proceed with or without you
>>
>>9904459
I just finished it yesterday, actually. Found it for $3 which was nice.

Agree with pretty much everything >>9904486 says about it, though I must admit I can't imagine being as blown away by it on subsequent reads.
>>
>>9904486
>>9904527
cool, thanks.
>>
>>9904524
kek
>>
>>9904459
It teaches you the joy of reading through the constant cockteasing in the interchapters and it gets very Pynchonesque towards the end. I would highly recommend it
>>
>>9904885
Was the stuff with the car chase supposed to be Pynchon?
>>
>>9904926
The conspiracies and their counter-conspiracies, goverment spies taking on multiple identities and the progressing po-mo weirdness in particular
>>
>>9904885
>>9904926
>>9905135

im just getting into Pynchon now.. i love that kind of humor but it actually got to the point where it made me uncomfortable (the car chase etc).. which is a merit in itself
>>
>>9904459
This isn't a video game you fucking spastic.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.