[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hiding your politics as an author

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: thetrial.jpg (226KB, 1367x1080px) Image search: [Google]
thetrial.jpg
226KB, 1367x1080px
does anyone else here hide their political views because they are worried it will impact their writing career? these days i don't think it's particularly paranoid to do so. seems like the first thing a literary agent would after reading your manuscript is learn about you as a person. at least on social issues, the publishing industry appears to be extremely left wing (no source here i'm afraid, just a vibe gathered from reading lots of twitter posts).

i'm not even that right wing (i'm usually republican but i voted libertarian last election instead of trump, i hate the alt-right, i'm for gay marriage), but i sure do. as an unpublished writer trying to break into the industry i already have enough stacked against me. it feels shameful but at the same time necessary if only for the hope of one day being able to speak my mind when i have more power.
>>
>>9904187
you should hide your politics, in fact you should hide your writings because you sound like a major faggot

nobody is impressed by the radical centrist pseud faux-libertarian joe rogan stance that shit is fucking autistic
>>
>>9904213
>needs to take a shit
>>
>>9904213
>nobody is impressed by the radical centrist pseud faux-libertarian joe rogan stance that shit is fucking autistic
why are we trying to force people to take sides on things they dont understand
>>
>>9904328
>i'm not even that right wing (i'm usually republican but i voted libertarian last election instead of trump, i hate the alt-right, i'm for gay marriage

centrism is not skepticism, and this man is no skeptic
>>
If you are anywhere right of marxist you will be wholly fucked if you open your mouth. It's not even society that has changed it's those fraction SJW pink hairs that now control every major institution, organization and corporation, so yes don't talk about it
>>
>>9904335 (cont)
nobody who feels the need to describe their politics in a question *AIMED* at asking how to "hide politics" believes they "don't want to take sides on things they dont understand

another choice quote
> if only for the hope of one day being able to speak my mind when i have more power.
>>
Alas, cuck that you are, this is not enough. You will never satisfy the elastic extremes of the Left.
>>
>>9904187
In media I don't think people will attack you for being libertarian. You'll be seen as quirky and off-beat like David Lynch.
>>
>>9904187
>does anyone else here hide their political views because they are worried it will impact their writing career?

At first, I was. Now-a-days I dont give a damm anymore, I just write. Someone will have the will to publish it eventualy, and, I now find the idea that a author who dosent strives for some sort of controversy over his book to be lacking what society and people in general need the most: thoughtfull works of art, and not propagandistic status quo garbage.
If art isent challeging, what is the point of even doing it in the first place? Go watch the MSM and their trash.
>>
>>9904187
Oh yeah, I forgot

> the publishing industry appears to be extremely left wing (no source here i'm afraid, just a vibe gathered from reading lots of twitter posts).

There are right-wing publishers, otherwise, dudes like Dungin would never publish their books. The problem is this lack of discourse and now even our publishers are eco-chambers.
This woudent be necessarialy a problem because, as a business, the publisher needs to survive, and sometimes he focus on certain groups to sell his product.
Tho it seen that many are more virtue signaling, like amoust everything today
But nothing is blocking new publishers to start, or self publishing, or just puting the pdf online for free if your work is more important then your wallet.
>>
the art of the future will be anonymous art
the poems of the future will be anonymous poems
seek you an anime avatar
post with me in the dark night
>>
>>9904187
>i'm not even that right wing (i'm usually republican but i voted libertarian last election instead of trump, i hate the alt-right, i'm for gay marriage)

cuck
>>
File: smug jewish grandpa.jpg (91KB, 400x450px) Image search: [Google]
smug jewish grandpa.jpg
91KB, 400x450px
It's time to re-learn the art of esoteric writing, anon.
>>
>>9904516
this man knows
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.