[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

How many parallels can be drawn between the real world and George Orwell's 1984? And do you think he'd have believed us if we went back to his time and told him about how what he wrote about would in many ways come true?
>>
Fuck off retard, you're on the internet. 1984 was 1984, it's a new millennium now. There is no catharsis, no redemption, no overcoming, no happy ending. We will lose forever now.
>>
>>9902942
Knew I shouldn't have posted this on 4chan.
>>
>>9903378
>he posts anything anywhere else
leave
>>
>>9903396
Should've expected that. I wasn't exactly gonna post this on Reddit or some shit, but I knew somebody would still manage to get peeved over it.
>>
>>9903396
Anyway, this is gay, I'll see you when the civil war comes.
>>
>>9902915
he would tell you to read brave new world because its implications are far more inplace with how the world is ending up
>>
>>9902915
>How many parallels can be drawn between the real world and George Orwell's 1984
It's almost like he was describing the current state of the world, not having some revelatory vision of the future. Orwell wrote about the surveillance state, because he was ALREADY living in one.
Also, Orwell sucks. The tediousness of the prose and weak character development in 1984 and Animal Farm is only out-measured in unpleasantness by the author's heavy-handed didacticism. "Politics and the English Language" is the most unnecessarily rigorous and overly-prescriptive text on writing ever published.
>>
>>9903484
WOW ANON, I'VE NEVER HEARD THAT BEFORE! YOU TRULY ARE AN ENLIGHTENED INTELLECTUAL.
>>
The West hasn’t reached 1984 levels yet. North Korea is a true representation of the kind of society Orwell had in mind. I watched a documentary called Under the Sun recently and everything about it screamed Orwellian.
>>
>>9906019
wrong
we surpassed NK and 1984 by far
it's so good that people don't even believe it's real
>>
File: bnw.jpg (129KB, 670x946px) Image search: [Google]
bnw.jpg
129KB, 670x946px
>>9903484
came to post this lul Brave New World >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 1984
>>9904905
t. Hillbot
>>
Facebook, Google, Snopes, Jew York Times are all pretty much minitrue so not far off senpai
>>
>>9906457
>t. Hillbot

No
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.