[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone enjoy anything?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_n5gfsgFwqh1s9fz13o2_1280.jpg (334KB, 968x1269px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n5gfsgFwqh1s9fz13o2_1280.jpg
334KB, 968x1269px
My contemplation tells me no one has ever enjoyed anything. The experience of doing allegedly enjoyable things is only enjoyable inasmuch as it keeps the realization that it is in fact not enjoyable at bay through acting as if it were in front of an other and vicariously enjoying one's self through said other's eyes under the assumption that said other is different and truly enjoys the thing. The truth being neither party enjoys anything. Incidentally, this is why Social exclusion is so feared. The excluded one must face disillusionment and terror once his acting is no longer required.
>>
>>9901293
>this is your brain on philosophy
>>
>>9901293
I think the only real pleasure still available in life is the aesthetic pleasure one receives from seeing a beautiful nude female.
>>
>>9901293
>I am who I think you think I am.

You can't read minds.
You can't infer thoughts.
You can't give yourself your own narrative from another perspective.
Slow down.
Deep breath.

Do not think.
Do not slip from your eyes.
Do not withdraw inside.

Do.
Ask.
Question;
do not assume.
Do not pause,
only resume.

Where one mind lies,
all lie; and all lie.
Do not listen,
speak. Do not think,
speak admission.

You aren't a pessimist,
neither an optimist.
You are one or the other,
but don't love yourself.

Too accept is to step
to stone life set in stone.
Die as who you are
and not who you think.
>>
>>9901307

no
>>
>>9901307
I literally never saw one in person
>>
are you entirely disqualifying solitary enjoyment?
also, what is social pretense supposed to be imitating if no one's ever enjoyed anything before
>>
>>9901293
Could be true if endorphins, seratonine, dopamine and oxytocin weren't a thing.

The real thing that's an illusion is boredom. You choose to become bored, anything can be interesting.
>>
>>9901293
People try to enjoy material life through sense gratification, but all they get out of it is a temporary pleasure that is so unsatisfactory that it leaves one constantly craving more and continuious enjoyment. Real enjoyment is spiritual bliss, derived from self-knowledge (Moksha), and serving God (Bhakti)
>>
>>9901293
I'd say that it's hard to define enjoyment. Experiencing something new can sometimes instil a more complete focus on the act. When one is -- let's say jet skiing for the first time, they're mostly focused on controlling the machine and are getting used to the experience of riding. In moments like this other thoughts are pushed back, other anxieties and worries. It's understandably easy to get addicted to these distractions.

I believe this is largely what enjoyment is. I also believe it's why hedonism can be seen as being detrimental to progress. Sure it can be a good mechanism for "unwinding", but becoming addicted to this because you don't want to deal with life potentially makes you a useless human who will have a harder time contributing to survival.

This might also be why the west is currently going through an obvious phase of deterioration. Pleasure is being fetishized and advertised as being normal. We're told to be tolerant of sodomists, narcotic abusers, and hedons under the pretence that we should learn to live together in harmony. But in my opinion that's an unrealistic utopian train of thought much like with communism. What societal benefit is there in encouraging and supporting the sodomists, narcotic abusers, and hedons? Sodomists can't have children and if they adopt then they encourage detrimental behaviour. Narcotic abusers are rarely ever 100% functional and are thus another weight on society. Hedons focus on distractions which rarely ever involves progressive work.
>>
>>9901867

I agree.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1502822254403.jpg (67KB, 588x550px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1502822254403.jpg
67KB, 588x550px
wow, you have weapons grade autism, clinical depression, and unrelenting cynicism all at once
>>
>>9901950

At least I don't have illusions.
>>
>>9901950
but anon, all of lit has 2/3 of these.
>>
>>9901293
But OP, your concept is full of reductionism.

No, not everything is enjoyable over and over again.

Yes, some stuff is done by people as they believe that universal enjoyment of it might apply to them too.

Yes, some people do enjoy stuff. In fact, all of us enjoy some stuff: a catchy funk song, a well structured narrative, the taste of high brewed coffee. If you suffer from anhedonia, you might not, but then again, nobody's born with it, nobody suffers from it all life long. We are born to enjoy and if you lose your ability to do so, you're done; but that does not exclude our species' overall obsession with joy.

I've spent 2 years of my life dwelling in a high grade depression and I agree, it's possible to feel no joy for a long period of time. Now I'm probably back to some middle levels of happiness, but as just about everyone in the world, I get a 5-minute serotonin rush when a cute grill shows interest in me or when my friends praise my short stories. There is zero acting in that, too: if you come up with a nice sentence or pick-up line, you feel happiness all within yourself; if other people appreciate them, you again proceed to generate some internally. The self is your only area of joy.
>>
>>9901293
>my contemplation

no one gives a shit go back to rddt
>>
>>9901293
wow you type pretentious as shit. I can tell you don't enjoy reading because you only do it to look smart and refined
>my contemplation tells me
FUCK OFF
>>
>>9902254

A basic faculty is pretentious?
>>
>>9902333
anon got slightly triggered because minimalism and typing all lowercase is popular on here lately.
>>
>>9902333
>>9902727
stop bumping your shitty thread with blatant same fagging
>>
File: typical lit shitposters.png (5KB, 441x103px) Image search: [Google]
typical lit shitposters.png
5KB, 441x103px
>>9902735
>>
>>9902759
fascinating, perhaps you guys can meet in real life and progress the metaphorical mutual masturbation into a more literal form
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.