[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

do you think nietzsche read stirner?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3886.jpg (43KB, 385x406px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3886.jpg
43KB, 385x406px
i know the veridct is out, but what's your guess? i'm watching abecedaire, and in letter "j", deleuze talks about nietzsche's "creation of the concept" of the jewish "priest" who declares that the spiritual is all that is of value.

here's a passage from the new stirner translation:
>anyone who lives for a great idea, a good cause, a doctrine, a system, a lofty calling, may not let any worldly desires, any self-seeming interests, arise in himself. here we have the concept of priestliness, or as it can also be called in its pedagogic activity, schoolmasterliness; because ideals act as schoolmasters over us. the clergyman is quite specifically called to live the idea and to work for the idea, the truly good cause..."

the more i read about the two, the harder it is to believe the people who think their thought is just superficially related. apparently there are documented instances of philosopher's inspired by stirner, but who never mentioned him in print (adorno, husserl, etc.) i don't think it's impossible that they just came to the same ideas, but i feel more and more like nietzsche must have read stirner or else been taught his ideas. would love to read a book on the subject.

btw - if it were true, i don't think that would cheapen nietzsche's "project" - his is a lot bigger than stirner's, and has many components that, even if he was following stirner, go a lot further (in certain respects.)
>>
File: IMG_3915.jpg (26KB, 349x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3915.jpg
26KB, 349x450px
note on the translation - i think in general it's a little clearer but less fun, and the original wasn't unclear. wolfi could have at least left spook in with a note in the introduction that it means something like phantasm. and also, "bats in the belfry" is a an incredibly gay saying
>>
>>9901063
Almost every german philosopher read or heard about him, they just tried not to mention him because nobody wanted to be related to Stirner.
>>
I hope I am remembering this correctly, Safranski mentions that Nietzsche must have read him
>>
>>9901063
Nietzsche probably wants to give a veneer of sophistication and philosopical "depth" to stirner ideas. he probably think stirner is too simple and dry and he can do it better and more convincing. (in aesthetic terms he did)

the problem is that he bored himself and ends inventing stupid notions like ubermensch.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.