[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think of Paulo Coelho ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 415usBnQn7L.jpg (25KB, 330x500px) Image search: [Google]
415usBnQn7L.jpg
25KB, 330x500px
What do you think of Paulo Coelho ?
>>
>>9900006
a literal retard, doesn't deserve to be even an e-celeb
>>
>>9900006
He's going to win a Nobel
>>
>>9900006
Never read him but i heard he writes literature for 40 year old moms, he is pretty popular here in Mexico
>>
>>9901903
So is mass murder and rape. I'd be thankful to live to 40 in that hellhole.
>>
>>9901916
Dont worry for me, me and some friends are going to the US very soon for a long stay :^)
>>
>>9900006

awful
>>
>>9901916
Yeah bro whatver, enjoy your niggers
>>
OP here, well one of my sister is currently reading few of his book atm,

>>9901744
>>9901931

I was expecting this kind of answer can you develop a little bit more ?
>>
>>9901949
Don't expect a serious answer from /lit/, almost nobody here has read Coelho and it shows, instead of actually discussing the depth of his work they just assume his books are atrocious because they heard it somewhere.
>>
>>9901933
>12% black
>17% latino
really jogs the nog
>>
I read "the zahir" when i was 13 (a neighbor gave it to my parents).

He's just a pleb who reads
>>
File: OhBOI.jpg (10KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
OhBOI.jpg
10KB, 278x181px
>>9901985
>>9901949
They are fucking atrocious. I once skimed through Veronica Decides to Die and I could't find anything worth the time nor the effort. It is a simplistic and empty garbage trying to make you F E E L. It has no thought behind it. It relies in the mere prejudices culture has about serious issues without any historical, philosophical or even literary background.
His books are a revolting soap opera (even compared to some legit soap operas) to make people believe that they think.
Let's say it's the suburban-ignorant-white-mom equivalent of fedora atheism.
>>
>>9900006
There used to be a Brazilian /lit/ poster who would rant about how much Brazil hated him. He mentioned about how he hit and run some kid and didn't get in trouble and also tried to convince his ex to kill herself. Does anybody know if there is any truth to these accusations? The only stuff the brazil poster would link to would be Portuguese news sites.
>>
>>9902447
yes he is complete shit and a shill
>>
>>9902447
I don't know about this accusations, but it's probably lie. If it was true, they would not be awarded as a member of the Brazilian Academy Letters, because it's a serious acusation. Anyway, I'm brazilian and never read any of his books. But, he's really really popular here, but the critics hate him, even now that he's part of the Brazilian Academy. He doesn't live here too, fucking dumbass.
>>
>>9901949
the alchemist is probably one of the most formulaic books ever written, given its strong adherence to the model of the hero's journey
>>
File: IMG-20170816-WA0003.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170816-WA0003.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>9903097
>He doesn't live here
>fucking dumbass

how's living among the monkeys going for ya, anon?
>>
>>9902447
I'm Brazilian and I've read him when I was younger, it's nice but definitely pedestrian (it's what you would read to get into literature after school-assigned reading before Harry Potter and the whole YA genre blew up). That said, I really like Brida and The Valkyries after all this time as a guilty pleasure.
>>
Is it worth reading for the sake of being able to say you've read it?
I like borges a lot, is he similar?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.