[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do 4chan users now pretend they aren't nihilistic?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: 1502350428489.jpg (405KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1502350428489.jpg
405KB, 768x1024px
Why do 4chan users now pretend they aren't nihilistic?
>>
nihilists
>>
File: derp.jpg (118KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
derp.jpg
118KB, 500x500px
>>9894025
why does anyone pretend that they are nihilistic?

> aw, man, i don't believe in nothin' no more
>>
>>9894025

There you go again, acting like this isn't absolutely destroying you just as it is me. Don't worry. Take my hand, we'll walk side by side into this hell you've created.
>>
>>9894059
>why does anyone pretend that they are nihilistic?
It makes for good shitposting.
>>
>>9894025
it's best just to take everyone at face value and forget if they pretending or authentic. There probably isn't a difference anyway. You are what you eat.

But yeah, I'm a nihilist. feels groovy.
>>
>>9894073
Don't you mean "humorous banter"?
>>
File: 1497647501400.png (113KB, 500x444px)
1497647501400.png
113KB, 500x444px
>>9894025
>>
>>9894031
>ve vill cut auf your johnson lebowski!
>>
>>9894025
Why do 4chan users pretend to be Christian? Especially /pol/cucks?
>>
quick reminder that everyone who self identifies as a nihilst is automatically precluded from actually being a nihilist.

another reminder: the vast, vast majority of people today are nihilists, without ever having heard of nihilism. it's not the least uncommon.
>>
>>9894124
desperate need for authenticity hilariously paired with a complete inability to follow through with anything
>>
i am an anti-nihilist
>>
I've always thought it was just a rejection of the assumption that things have intrinsic value/meaning without God and I thought that was quite reasonable but it really does rile people up so I must be getting it wrong.
For example I don't see why people think nihilists are all depressed and want to kill themselves since we DO have emotions/senses that construct meaning in our lives, regardless of the fact that it's meaningless.
It's not the memory of the soviet union/china that has left such a bad taste of nihilism is it?
>>
>>9894726
Nihilism, relativism, subjectivism, Marxism, postmodernism—these words don't mean anything here
>>
>>9894025
If nothing means anything my failures ultimately aren't failures. It's a coping mechanism.
>>
>>9894736
Your failure is irrelevant on any scale beyond your own life.
The reason why you think failure is meaningful is because of your emotions and a construct of meaning that has a basis purely in biology and not in any transcendental truths/meaning.
Also it seems quite difficult to judge anything as a failure unless you have some transcendent truth.
>>
>>9894025
Maybe they were just pretending to be nihilists in the past.
>>
LARPing as Christian has become popular since the fedora meme hit the mainstream.
>>
>>9894025
>4chan is just one person
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.