[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Scared like a pussy, boy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 1444271827931.png (73KB, 241x228px) Image search: [Google]
1444271827931.png
73KB, 241x228px
I am afraid of speaking in class.
i am studying literature and although i am an intelligent person (i have got a really good university entrance score and i always do good in class even if i don't study) i can't seem to answer my teachers questions even if i know them or make meaningful contributions because i am always scared. Even when i do speak my heart races and i feel like i am having a heart attack.i feel that i am not getting the most of university education or life.. and you know what anon? all of this is making me feel very weak.
What can i do?? Anxiety medication??
(btw i am not a native english speaker)
>>
If you have no social skills, you are not intelligent anon. Force yourself to be in social settings.
>>
is it because you're afraid of being challenged on your literary opinions? that's a natural part of college and growing as a person. you need that criticism. speak to your prof, you're not the only one in the class that feels that way.
>>
If you're right, what are you afraid of? I always thought people are scared of talking in front of large groups because they worry about making a fool of themselves. Just put confidence in your knowledge.
>>
Lol thats me, It's been six months that I changed my school and I have no friends, every time I repeat to myself "omg I gonna say hi" BUT I CAN'T so stupid
>>
>>9893188
If its an anxiety problem, then meds or finding coping strategies that can help you get over your fear. If its a language problem, then just say what you want to say. If anyone gives you crap for not speaking perfect english they dont really belong in an academic setting.
>>
>>9893188
sounds like you are too sober too often my boi
>>
>>9893234
i feel sorry for you anon, at least i have some friend but they are slowy abandning me. Today the kicked me out of a whatsaap group i was in because i didnt "talk" and i was "hanging out with other people" i am actually and autist who is afraid of talking to them.
>>
>>9893278
what do you mean anon. i have seriously considered going a little drunk to uni, but i am a afraid of people smelling my breath and the last times i tried it i didnt drink enough enough to feel anything
>>
I've been there. I'm also a foreigner and studied literature as well.
What helped me was giving up the artificial struggle to be perfect and without remorse about my past which actually resulted in a crippled present.
I talked to a psychiatrist for a while and took pills as well but they just helped me force myself after all.
The key is to acknowledge that you are now an adult. People respect you and all you have to do is be, you are not supposed to demonstrate an act like a talented actor. Don't be afraid of being judged either, some will judge you positively some won't. Everyone goes through similar struggles but one judges himself from his own point of view while judging others from their public appearances and actions which are far from reality.
Don't be afraid of going to a psychiatrist either. Mine asked me to write down what I think causes those inner struggles and what I might be afraid to face or trying to avoid etc. It was constructive and pills helped me think healthy as well.
Sorry for the mess of sentences. Im on my phone checking 4chan before I go to bed after a long day and I need to go to bed. (4.30 am)
seeing a similar person to what I was, I had to write these though.

It's most certainly not a physical situation, you can beat it mate. Don't be afraid or embarrassed to look for ways, you'll get the burden out of your shoulders. Talking to a fairly new friend you don't care about about these things help very much as well, at most they don't care, or they will be a good support and help you think healthy.
This wasn't a pep talk btw it's reality.
See you in a better shape mate. Hope your only struggle becomes philosophical soon.
>>
yeah i stayed silent first 3 years of my degree. i want to force myself to speak this year.
>>
>>9893351
Thank anon. i want you to know that you helped someone today. definitely things you said like the actor metaphor and the need to be perfect hit too near home. I am going t talk to a psychiatrist and i have a friend who i can tell all this things.have a good night of sleep anon.
>>
That's because you are a little submissive bitch. Grow a fucking spine.
>>
>>9893364
what degree? do you have any friends?
>>
>>9893386
whatever dad
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.