[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

english tutoring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: english-tutoring.jpg (12KB, 242x137px) Image search: [Google]
english-tutoring.jpg
12KB, 242x137px
hey lit

i just got a student who needs help with english and hired me to tutor them. the student will be doing an english assignment on anne frank, and i was wondering if any of you know a good resource where i can get a plot summary so i can have an idea of the book without actually reading the whole thing...
i remember using sparknotes in high school but i also remember it being incorrect at times.
this is my first real student. i want to be able to give her advice without having to read all the books she will be reading in the year ahead, but because she is entering 6th grade i am afraid i might have to so that i can make sure she doesnt get factual info incorrect... does anyone have experience doing english tutoring?
>>
>>9892080
Holy fuck you need lessons yourself.
>>
>>9892109
any tips on what i should learn?
>>
>>9892080
Looks like you'll be reading it together :)

Students learn best when they teach, and vice versa. Read through it with your student, approach the questions together.
>>
>>9892151
don't take jobs you're obviously unprepared for.
>>
> without having to read all the books she will be reading in the year ahead, but because she is entering 6th grade
> 6th grade

If you can't read books aimed for 11-12-year-olds' comprehension within a matter of days (I just read my niece's homework assignment book overnight and helped her with it in the morning) then maybe English tutoring isn't for you
>>
>>9892080
>gets a job
>doesn't want to do the job
>>
>>9892080
Read the fucking book, moron.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.