[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to start with T.C. Boyle? What does /lit/ think of him?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

Where to start with T.C. Boyle? What does /lit/ think of him?
>>
You can read him as a cautionary tale about what absolute nonsense was considered literature during the LSD era.
>>
>>9891738
So he's Pynchon lite or something?
>>
Man that Top Gear guy is looking rough these days.
>>
I enjoyed Descent of Man; Greasy Lake and Budding Prospects.
I thought World's End was meh.
>>
>>9891726
What an ugly motherfucker, why would you want to read anything someone like that wrote
>>
>>9891779
Kys
>>
>>9891779

Obviously, it's going to be purple prose suffused with Ressentiment, on account of congenital ugliness.
>>
>>9891828
t. Uggo
>>
>>9891726
I think I would not lend him $50 if he asked and I'd watch every step he takes on the way out before he steals weird shit like a garden hose or something.
>>
>>9891866

He looks like the type of bastard that would steal your garden gnome
>>
>>9891866
TC Boyle here. Thanks guys.
>>
>>9891919
Junkie Richard Hammond
>>
I just googled and had to find out that despite my year long certainty he actually did NOT write the electric acid kool aid test.
>>
>>9891926
Ha ha.

Good one.
>>
I enjoyed water music, extremely funny book though the ending felt rushed.
Great example of fictionalised history
>>
>>9891779
I hate to be superficial too, but I cant see any good literature coming out of this guy LMAO look the top of his head
>>
File: tortilla.jpg (42KB, 316x477px) Image search: [Google]
tortilla.jpg
42KB, 316x477px
>>9891726
Start with his short stories. The one about vikings "We Are Norsemen" is very funny. I liked his Doubletakes collection of fiction from various authors, but that might not be very easy to find as I think it was just a USC textbook.

The only novel I've read of his is pic related, which was OK but not particularly great. IMO he excels in the short form.
>>
File: 21talk-articleInline.jpg (23KB, 190x492px) Image search: [Google]
21talk-articleInline.jpg
23KB, 190x492px
How's my fit? Am I effay?
>>
The only work of his I've read is Budding Prospects, his second novel. The plot is they've got a get rich quick scheme growing pot. I read it a long time ago and remember it being kind of depressing but it's supposed to be humorous? Coincidentally, I was thinking of this book the other day and that I should try a reread or something else of his.
>>
>>9891779
This is par. It's a surprise when writers are good looking.
>>
>>9892920
Prompted me to read Park's journals. Worth it.
>>
>>9894162
Well I mean he doesn't exactly take care of himself, that accounts for most of it.
>>
Looks like a mix of Richard Hammond and Serj from System of a Down
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.