[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Astid Lindgren

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: images (3).jpg (53KB, 321x458px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
53KB, 321x458px
Hi everyone. First time posting on this board ever.

What's your thoughts on the author Astrid Lindgren and her work?
Specifically 'brothers lionheart'.
And "Mio my Mio"

Did you ever read them when you where young? What's your favourite tale? Can you get the English translation's online somewhere?
>>
Try libgen
>>
>>9888726
Mio min Mio has some nice passages and it's good for a fairytale, but overall it's too soft.
>>
>>9888726
In my opinion, Astrid Lindgren's best book is Vi på Saltkråkan. I don't know what title it's translated under. It's a depiction of a widowed father and his children (mostly) during one summer vacation in the Stockholm archipelago and their interactions especially with one family living there. This is one of those books that many might read when they're kids (although it's not as light as the Karlsson, Pippi, or Emil books etc.), at least in Nordic countries, but if you read it as an adult with some experience you realize there's a lot of depth to it. It's probably in my top 30.

Most of her books are worth reading. I can't remember any real turkeys.Many of them are quick reads like the series I mentioned in parentheses above because they're primarily for children.
>>
>>9890523
Saltkråkan the tv show is absolute top-level comfy-kino.
https://youtu.be/TrR1BfJX7U8
>>
I loved the Pippi books, and films, and the sex tape the actress made recently, but haven't read anything else by her.
>>
>>9890505
Yeah, nonsense ending and a bit too escapist. Brothers Lionheart managed some genuine weight and gravitas.

Also Karlsson på Taket is a fucking cunt.
>>
Astrid Lindgren is based. I remember loving Mio my Mio, Brothers Lionheart and Ronja.
>>
>>9888726
I'm from Iceland and alot of kids read Astrid Lingren books when they were younger. But I don't think they do anymore :(.
But I do have fond memories of watching the Brothers Lionheart movie when I was young.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYkJOlxHd_A
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.