[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anton Chekhov Appreciation Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: antonchekhov921310.jpg (896KB, 936x1431px) Image search: [Google]
antonchekhov921310.jpg
896KB, 936x1431px
ITT: We pay tribute to one of the greatest writers of all time.

What is your favorite work of his?
>>
I bought Norton Critical Editions of his short stories and plays and they were full of spelling errors, and the critical essays offered poor analysis.
>>
Rothschild's violin got me

I'm really partial to redemption stories
>>
>>9887466
To piggy on this fellars' bad experience; what's a good collection of Chekhovs work?
>>
Read a few of his short stories recently and The Schoolmistress, Misery and A Nervous Breakdown stuck with me, particularly the description of the abrupt emotional climax in Schoolmistress.
>>
The Lady with the Dog.
>>
>>9887448
Cherry Orchard (Vanya)\Gooseberries.
One of the greatest human beings of all time, anon.
>>
>>9887448
The Kiss
>>
>>9887448
god damn he was handsome
>>
>>9887762
I'm very happy with Forty Stories, translated by Robert Payne. I've yet to read his plays though, I'll look for a similarly formatted collection of plays
>>
>>9887448
Green Scythe struck a chord with me for some odd reason. I admired the camaraderie amongst the house guests
>>
>>9887762
nyrb's peasants and other stories had a great selection of stories. i particularly enjoyed three years, my life, and the betrothed
>>
>>9887448
It's hard to say. I've read at least a hundred of his short stories. I have also read all of his novellas and his four major plays and all of them are very dear to me. If you forced me to pick one I would probably choose his novella The Duel.
>>
>>9887448
Favorite stories include:
Death of a Government Clerk
A Little Joke
Rothchild's Violin
A Brief Human Anatomy
I'm sure there are more, but I can't remember.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.