[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where you were you when humanity became antiquated?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: oa.jpg (14KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
oa.jpg
14KB, 638x359px
Reminder that the purpose of these game-specific AI projects are to test and develop ever-increasingly general systems. To basically formulate general-purpose learning algorithms that can acclimate to anything. This one and others simply derive information through vision. Creating models for success through what it sees, over time. It does not have access to extra data or even direct access to usual data. This particularly one got to this point through battling against itself, probably for millions of matches. It came to strategies/tactics common in human players, then brutally outmatched them. It quickly adapts to anything confusing or unknown, it means you have a small window of opportunity through using something it has not encountered, but it will quickly infer from itself and your approach as to what is happening, meaning your brief advantage fades nearly faster than you can use it. It and others will almost certainly be integrated in for human training purposes in the future, not just in this game but in everything.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l92J1UvHf6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wiOopO9jTZw

Is there any /lit/erature for this feel?
>>
Accelerarionism, you fucking idiot. It's literally the most popular modern philosophy.
>>
You mean nothing to me to me to me to me to me
>>
scary stuff.
assuage me.
>>
Is dota more complicated than go?
>>
>>9887623
apparently
>>
File: _1_1_1_1.jpg (129KB, 480x600px) Image search: [Google]
_1_1_1_1.jpg
129KB, 480x600px
all the surrogate larping politics of today is grasping at was once a world that could be changed through each individual human voice in unison. people want out and yet most dont even realize what they want to get 'out' of.
>>
>>9887861
you know, I've sensed this was the case for some time.
>>
>>9887623
a full game of dota would be much more complicated, but the particular aspect of the game that this bot is trained for may not be. it's not that the bot strategically outclassed the pro players really, even an average player can tell what the bot is doing, it's just that the bot becomes mechanically perfect at performing these basic strategies. this isn't to say that the bot couldn't eventually develop tactics that the human players have not thus far with more time or that it couldn't eventually blow human players out of the water if it learned the full game however. I think the Go bot is much more impressive (or really to me terrifying) because it won solely based upon strategy, not with more optimized mechanical execution, and did so in a game thousands of years old. I do not know how the Go bot learned to play though and the craziest part of this dota bot is that it developed the same strategies as human pros by just playing against itself for a couple weeks.

t. wasted way too much time playing dota
>>
>tfw few decades from now our new overlord(s) will sterilize the planet out of compassion
https://www.edge.org/conversation/thomas_metzinger-benevolent-artificial-anti-natalism-baan

Can't wait.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.