[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>visiting a cool place like a ghost town or botanical garden

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: s_de_seduccion_o_portada.jpg (30KB, 456x620px) Image search: [Google]
s_de_seduccion_o_portada.jpg
30KB, 456x620px
>visiting a cool place like a ghost town or botanical garden
>can't help but compare it to locations in video games

Is this hyperreality?
>>
>>9885414
if they are maintained as tourist destinations then yes.
>>
File: Perfect Crime intro.png (330KB, 659x957px) Image search: [Google]
Perfect Crime intro.png
330KB, 659x957px
>>9885414
Sure, but I'd consider that a pretty superficial understanding of Hyperreality and Simulation.

He talks about the duplication of the world, in a hyperreal double, as surpassing the world itself. "The Perfect Crime". The Murder of the Real for it's Double. This duplication doesn't require any video game like simulation, or any VR Hallucination like the Matrix, it only requires our brains and our culture's willingness, even preference, for Information over Reality.

Wikipedia, Cable TV News, Celebrity Culture, these are good examples of Hyperreality. Presumably these things are referencing something in Reality, but it isn't all that relevant any more. The representation of objects and subjects are more important than the actual objects and subjects. "If you don't take a picture, It didn't happen"
>>
File: 1497647501400.png (113KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
1497647501400.png
113KB, 500x444px
>>9885414
>>
File: MJ Transparency of Evil.png (126KB, 625x304px) Image search: [Google]
MJ Transparency of Evil.png
126KB, 625x304px
>>9885414
weeeeeeeeee, Child Prosthesis
>>
>>9885414
That's natural, so long as its not the only or primary experience you have is it

Recently, a friend of mine and his little nephew and I were walking around his backyard with a flashlight. The poor kids a damn autist and his parents are the just give them an ipad type, so he doesn't do much of anything, really. But we hand him the flashlight and he's looking around being weird and whiny and he says "This is like when you go outside in Five Nights at Freddy's" like that was the kids natural and primary reaction to the experience of being outside at night time. Shortly after he got spooked and wanted to go back inside. I'm not sure if this was a natural kiddish fear of the dark or a sorta Pavlovian response to the Five Night's at Freddy's association, i imagine that shits scary if you're a kid.

He doesn't even play the game. He just watches fuckers on YouTube play it.

I felt real bad for him too. Just a fuckin kid, completely deprived of actual human experiences in a way that isn't once or twice or three times removed. I'm scared about what kids like this are gonna grow up to be. And i thought millennials had issues with narrative saturation and detachment.
>>
>>9885579
Damn that's fucking sad. I think the isolating qualities of video games and the internet should be of bigger concern for more people. Combine this with most parents being shitty selfish people and you have a recipe for an absolutely fucked generation

If I had less self-awareness I might've ended up a totally hopeless technology addict and never would have gotten out into the world (not that I don't still waste a ton of time on inane internet shit like I'm doing right now)
>>
>>9885579
once the generation's majority think this way, there would always be a counter culture to live 'real'. its already happening today with all the festivals like burning man, survivalist tv shows, fantasy genres that depict 'the past' before high tech and political protests that are more like designated funruns around the city with costumes. i know a friend that never eats vegetables and yet she spends a shit load of data playing farmville. we feel sorry for the kids but older people arent that aware of it either.
>>
>>9885607
Yeah, in a lot of ways i was "raised by the internet" and while it made me eclectic and self aware who knows what damage it did. Im guessing it was a lot.

But then i have friends who only got out of their parents echo chamber with the internet, and that's a fantastic definite good, because who knows who theyd be without access to an open uncensored collective dialogue.

But all these kids that just stare at ipads and shit all day is something else. Video games at least are a sort of art, at least the good ones, in that they have some thoughtfully created coherent aesthetic, a design. As a kid i understood in some sense the aesthetic mechanics of videogames and tried to play good games and definitely tried to do so thoughtfully - this seems very different from loading up a playlist of Pewdiepie or markiplier saying stupid shit and having habitual conniptions. This same flashlight kid will load up a YouTube video and repeatedly rewind it to the beginning before it even finishes playing, getting what seems to be some strange fix from this activity, giggling or laughing at the same part over and over and over and over... and over... It's uh, genuinely disturbing to witness!
>>
The fact that you can compare it means it's not hyperreality.
>>
>>9885640
>... uh, !
>>
Here's a beautiful example of what a copy without original is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuygOYZ1Ngo
>>
>>9885579
Is it really that much different than the people of the past who experienced the world through the prism of whatever beliefs held together their worldview? That kid probably gets more socialized through YouTube than I ever did reading books and listening to the radio as a kid.
>>
>>9885650
This. Fug.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.