[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I only like to read military history. Memoirs, operational and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: images (30).jpg (39KB, 443x332px) Image search: [Google]
images (30).jpg
39KB, 443x332px
I only like to read military history. Memoirs, operational and campaign based descriptive texts, unit histories, first hand accounts of soldiers etc.

I feel like I'm missing out though on the philosophy, classics and thought changing books, but I just can't bring myself to start, I feel like I'm gonna be incredibly bored by them.

How do I convince myself to finally read them and expand my mind?
>>
>>9885373
you cant, you are a brainlet now KYS
>>
Start with the greeks, every greek author served in the military.
>>
File: images (15).jpg (8KB, 208x250px) Image search: [Google]
images (15).jpg
8KB, 208x250px
>>9885377
I want to stop being a brainlet.
>>
>>9885381
/thread
>>
>>9885381
I somehow doubt that but ok, everyone says start with the greeks.

Is the image on the wiki still valid?

I guess there's no other way than to force oneself.
>>
>>9885394
>I somehow doubt that but ok
Serving in the military was compulsory for all citizens and there was constant conflict between the polis.
Start with Homer and Hesiod, since you like militar history you should then move on to Herodotus' Histories, Thucydides' History of the Peloponessian War and Xenophon's Helenics.
After that you can read whatever greek author you want to.
>>
>>9885428
Thanks. Copying this post for later.
>>
>>9885373
Maybe try going towards military fiction, then that can lead to more general fiction with military components, then to the classics.
>>
>Storm of Steel
>To the White Sea
>>
>>9885373
Maybe you've missed a few war-related books you ought to have read:
JFC Fuller's works, for starters.
Roger Trinquier's book on modern warfare.
Jünger's memoirs and works.
Christian de La Mazière's Ashes of Honour/The Captive Dreamer.
Sven Hassel's novels, of course, too.
>>
just start dammit, if you don't you never will
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.