[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Constructive nihilism?: people are molded entirely by genetics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: received_1656123017745130.jpg (28KB, 596x573px) Image search: [Google]
received_1656123017745130.jpg
28KB, 596x573px
Constructive nihilism?: people are molded entirely by genetics and life experience. So can anyone blame a conscience for "evil" actions commited because of the dispositions that the person was subjected to? Should we not try to come to sympathy or at least understanding instead?
>>
>Should we not try to come to sympathy or at least understanding instead?

If the confluence of our genetics and life experiences lead us to do so then we will.
>>
>>9885052
Sympathy might be going a bit far. But I think this line of thinking is healthy. Certainly we shouldn't demonize people because of their actions.

Foucault talks about the three rationales for the prison/justice system being punishment/retribution, public safety and rehabilitation. The punishment/retribution side of things is just a waste of energy and resources. We can isolate dangerous people for the safety of others and we can possibily rehabilitate them.

But to take pleasure in the punishment of others is just sadism. a form of luxury entertainment.
>>
>>9885052
>Should we not try to come to sympathy or at least understanding instead?
Sure. Doesn't change the fact that you must destroy your destroyer. Or at least remove him from society.

Even in a deterministic world, you have something like responsibility over yourself.

Oh, and genetically evil people absolutely exist. Not as often as you might think, but they do.
>>
>>9885052
Yeah meanwhile I'm gonna fuck your bitch with the knowledge that yeah, you'll understand! I'm just a product of my surroundings! You'll forgive me!
>>
>>9885052
if you consider yourself a nihilist and you do anything, then you're deluded.

if you consider yourself a nihilist and you reply to this, then you're deluded.
>>
This kind of post seems like you want to have you cake and eat it to. By that I mean you want actions to be determined "entirely by genetics and life experience", and yet you are the special one, entirely separate from this process.

Your decision on whether to have sympathy or understanding for evil actions are *also* determined (if, big if, people are entirely molded genetics and life experience).

You can't claim it's all determined, and then think you step outside of that and make free decisions about your views on evil.

Incoherent question.
>>
>>9885052
Spoiled brats are spoiled brats.
Rationalize it all you want, but some people think they should be allowed to do what they want, where they want, to whom they want.
I grew up poor as fuck, but you don't see me robbing/murdering people or business' 'cause "doing what I can to get by."
No thanks.
I could do much MORE than that.
>still paf, btw. But gettin by.
>>
>here's something else that's true. In the day-to-day trenches of adult life, there is actually no such thing as atheism. There is no such thing as not worshipping. Everybody worships. The only choice we get is what to worship.
>>
>>9885187
1. If they were genetically "evil" then they don't bear responsibility for it.
2. Define "evil".
>>
>>9885197
Well, unless you rape her, you fucking my bitch would ultimately be my bitch's choice. So at that point, assuming this is a regular ole monogamous relationship, I'd be mad at her if anything. I guess the point of my post is that i think we should perhaps try to separate ourselves from negative feelings towards others, at least after that first emotional reaction, and if shouldn't, I'd like input on why not.
>>
>>9885216
Then i guess there's no such thing as a nihilist and the idea of nihilism itself has never actually been expressed, because all nihilists allow themselves to die.

Im not saying im a nihilist, more lkke, "here's a positive take on determinism, what do you guys think?"
>>
>>9885061
Well, there is a range of choice that we can make.
>>
>>9885305
Why wouldn't external factors push some people towards analytical thought? I absolutely do not believe that i have some inherent ability of free sill when, by this thought process that im considering, nobody else does.
>>
>>9885111
Yes, exactly. You put it into words better than i did. I get annoyed when i see people/media generalizing "criminals" as something subhuman. A news article does not consider a person's entire life and the events that led up to their action. We can't correctly make judgement on those who we have never even met in person.

That being said, forgiving people with the status quo on their side, that continuously commit, profit from, and get away with actions that harm others, is a harder pill to swallow. Of course, if they got what they deserved by societal standards, I and many others would probably be more prone to letting the bygones be bygones.
>>
>>9885823
So anyone in the world can just pull themselves up by their own bootstraps then?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.