[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After reading Don Quixote and Ulysses 90% of literature feels

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 1499438349349.jpg (93KB, 694x642px) Image search: [Google]
1499438349349.jpg
93KB, 694x642px
After reading Don Quixote and Ulysses 90% of literature feels like crap to me
Should I read Proust?
>>
>>9884742
i love eating a high-class meal, where the dishes blend fresh ingredients in ways i would not think possible. i also like cheap meals, soaked in fat and loaded with carbs.

if i only ate high-class meals, it would drain me of resources best spent elsewhere. if i only ate cheap meals, i would lose my palette and probably get fat. if i only ate raw vegetables (*cough* scientific journals), i would be healthy, but i would lose my ability to find joy in eating.

you should probably take a break from the high-brow, opie, and read something comfy like wodehouse or tolkien. variety is the spice of life.
>>
File: 1502477430962.png (404KB, 436x441px) Image search: [Google]
1502477430962.png
404KB, 436x441px
>>9884774
>food analogy
>>
>>9884774
>if i only ate raw vegetables (*cough* scientific journals), i would be healthy, but i would lose my ability to find joy in eating.
>Being such a pleb you cant enjoy the deliciousness of vegetables.
Also, your analogy is extremely retarded, if I was able to eat only high-class meals for the rest of my life I'd with no doubt do it.
>>
>>9884742
this is a natural feeling, I feel the same way. Yes, read Proust. Proust, Joyce, Homer, Shakespeare, Dante, Cervantes, Melville, Chekhov, Dostoesvky, Tolstoy, and maybe a handful of others - it's better to dive into these authors with more depth than to waste your time with 99% of the shit out there
>>
>>9884774
>food analogy
fatmerican-tier
>>
I don't get this good analogy meme. They're fine and easily understood by a wide audience.
>>
How 'bout you go wayyyy back and read Gilgamesh?
>>
>>9884742
Yes you should absolutely read Proust. It is one of the best books ever and I've read a lot of books. It take the auto-biography and allows it to perversely blossom into a manifold work of hermetic mysticism, libidinous kunstlerroman, profound psycho-analytical insight, and study on power relations. Seriously. Everyone. Read Proust. I've read Ulysses, I've read Crime & Punishment, I've read Gravity's Rainbow, I've read The Man Without Qualities - if you're going to invest the time to read only one doorstopping masterpiece, make it In Search of Lost Time (although Man Without Qualities does give it a solid run for its money, but ends up with points detracted for too much wish-fulfillment soap opera dramatics, though none of these modernist biographically-formed yarns escape it entirely.
>>
>>9884742
Anne carson said she read proust every morning at breakfast and it took 7 years. Then she described life after proust as a "desert." I think you should do it. It will be a spiritual expedition.
>>
>>9885918
If I took 7 years to read any single book then my life would feel like a desert too.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.