[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you guys think of Waiting for Godot? I like how Pozzo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

What do you guys think of Waiting for Godot?

I like how Pozzo and Lucky come in, and then the roles get entirely reversed. Its pretty cool.
>>
I thought it was funny.
I laughed a lot.
hahaha
>>
>>9884754
hahaha
>>
I like how the characters speak weird
It's absurd
Haha
>>
>>9884754

What part did you like best hombre
>>
>>9884759

I thought how strange the play is adds to its poetic effect.
>>
>>9884773

Poetic Justice, really.
>>
>>9884761
I like the adaption since my own personality is too weak for the characters to truly come out from the text.
I like the funny accents.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wifcyo64n-w
>>
>>9884846

Those are funny accents. Read the damn book, though.
>>
>>9884737
It's a masterpiece but honestly should be read in both languages to appreciate fully, there are puns and allusions in the french that aren't in the english and vice versa
>>
>Samuel Beckett
>Author of lovely novellas and wretched plays
>>
I think it's great, but "The unnamable" is fucking God-tier. I love Beckett.
>>
File: 20080505080105_dolphy_web.gif (111KB, 380x384px) Image search: [Google]
20080505080105_dolphy_web.gif
111KB, 380x384px
>>9884737

it was a fucking harrowing experience i can tell you that. i couldnt finish the second act. fuck i couldnt even start it.

i felt as though melting once that little slave boy started mumbling

fuck it ripped me into shreds waiting for god to
>>
>>9884737
Beckett is probably the greatest author post WW2.

To fully appreciate him I think you need to read his works in order, so you can see the gradual descent from dense joycean works (fair to middling) to some of the most minimalist works i've ever read (the unnamable).

That being said I think Watt, Molloy and Godot are his best works. These all come in that prolific 4 or 5 year period when he really finds his voice and originality.

Murphy also stands out, but coming 10 years prior, it's definitely more Joycean than his french works.

Godot was beautiful though, and very funny. The opening to me is the part that really sticks out, before Pozzo comes. When they contemplate hanging themselves but decide the risk of one dying and the other breaking the branch and being stuck alone and the end of the scene where they contemplate separation makes me feel some type of way
>>
SB's has the greatest shitposting prose ive seen, i 100% want to translate it into social media trash
>>
more like waiting for gaydot amirite
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.