[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can't get myself to read

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: serveimage.jpg (26KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage.jpg
26KB, 620x412px
Hey /lit/, I've never been a reader but now I want to start reading more for some reasons. My problem is, I can't get myself to read and even when I start reading i get bored or distracted too easily, what do I do?
>>
Read more often. Do you have to rest after 10 minutes of reading? Then take a 30 minute break and then read for another 10 minutes. Rinse and repeat.

Reminder: no one is innately good at reading for extended periods of time, just as no one is innately good at basketball. You train yourself to do it -- you build the skills, you build endurance, you build critical thinking, and so on.
>>
>>9883130
Ok, i'll try, thank you good anon
>>
learn about self discipline, also ask yourself why are you deciding to do this thing that has distracted you rather than read. Not now, but when you experience it. You'll start to automatically go back to reading after a while.
>>
>>9883130
this
>>9883110
i felt the same way when i started out. just do a chapter a day for a month or two and you'll start to want to read more with time. also helps if you're picking out books you're interested in reading as opposed to daunting ones you were told were important. save those for later
>>
>>9883110
You have ADHD
>>
>>9883110
use an e-reader. I'm serious. I don't know if it will help you, but it helped me, and I've heard it helping a lot of other people too.
>>
>>9887017
This. English is my second language and I always had a hard time keeping attention while reading. Got a Kindle and read sci Fi and fantasy on that for two years. No reading physical books is no problem, novels or not.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.